US Vogue July 1995 : Kate Moss by Steven Meisel

I think Kate just thought Meisel was too haughty (based on how she mocked him when she was interviewed by Nick Knight) and she probably didn't take direction well since she was so used to working with younger photographers who just liked her for her presence and did not request anything too specific from her...we all know how particular Meisel is. Just a theory, I don't believe there's that much meat to the whole thing.

I'm also very into Meisel's Garbo-esque mistery, I prefer to remember him as that man shouting at Paulina Porizkova 30 years ago...

I prefer to remember him as that man shouting at Paulina Porizkova 30 years ago...

What happened? Lol
I actually tried searching for it on Google, and I came across this vintage gem below. It's so interesting to see the dynamic between young Meisel and all these supermodels! So much energy! What's even more interesting is that the same song plays in Meisel's latest Moschino S/S 2020 campaign video with Tyra! The rock band theme is also present in both shoots - though he claimed he's not nostalgic and doesn't look back at his work that often, it can't be just a coincidence!

An outtake from

US Vogue July 1995

Getting Great Hair

Photographer: Irving Penn
Styling: Phyllis Posnick
Hair Styling: Orlando Pita
Models: Irina Panteva and Valerie Celis
4aa6d0942caf2114b706213643d8d3d9.jpg
vogue archive

Once I decided to specifically focus on Kate by Meisel for ads, editorials, covers and so on, and, in fact, altogether it is not a handful at all, she was shot by him quite a lot of times in general (not like other supers at all, but still). But the relationship is not there, that is undeniable. It is kind of iconic in a way - arguably the most legendary model of all and the most legendary fashion photographer of all couldn't work together.

I think Kate just thought Meisel was too haughty (based on how she mocked him when she was interviewed by Nick Knight) and she probably didn't take direction well since she was so used to working with younger photographers who just liked her for her presence and did not request anything too specific from her...we all know how particular Meisel is. Just a theory, I don't believe there's that much meat to the whole thing.

I'm also very into Meisel's Garbo-esque mistery, I prefer to remember him as that man shouting at Paulina Porizkova 30 years ago...

I wonder how Steven M. Feels about shooting Kate Moss daughter?

I can’t believe that Kate and SM don’t really get along?

US Vogue July 1995

Go Gucci

Photographer: Juergen Teller
Styling: Grace Coddington
Hair Styling: Sam McKnight
Makeup: Miranda Joyce
Models: Trish Goff, Kirsty Hume

Vogue Archive
I believe this was the last time Juergen for work US Vogue

I believe this was the last time Juergen for work US Vogue
Didn’t he shoot something for a Raf Simons profile a couple of years ago? Like a couple of shots of his garden?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattbaggwanders
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->