US Vogue September 2004 by Steven Meisel

I have this issue, its stellar, however i dont own a scanner anymore, so cant scan, sorry.

The whole Eugenia drama is fascinating. I hadn't heard about it until now. The terrible thing is, all, or almost all (I dunno about Hana), of the girls on the cover are probably the top supermodels of the new millennium, and after the cover went on to even greater prospects and still have careers now. On the other hand, Eugenia has faded into the distance and really doesn't do much now. Maybe if she would have made the cover, her career would have ended up differently. I really would like to know what happened!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Eugenia was/is a great model with very different sort of look. I actually like her much more than the other models on the cover. I always took her comment about the Brazilian models as a joke and nothing more.

If anyone wants to see scans... most of the images have already been posted.

Mesiel shot her originally for the cover (makes sense as 10 is a fairly round number, non?) but apparantly got pissed off with how she was performing in front of the camera that day....and therefore she never made the cover. It wasn't a question of Anna's dislike and Meisel 'banishing' her from his favourites, as he shot her a lot for further Vogue US and Vogue Italia eds for at least a year after the issue came out.

The inside group image of the girls and Eugenia is on A+C, but we never saw the 'original' cover (although maybe they shot the editorial group picture first and Eugenia never got round to shooting the cover :()

^ yes! Just check the previous pages! MMA scanned everything

sigh, i just wish i have this issue. anyone who's willing to sell their copy? i'll be so willing to buy it. :wink:

I'm kind of pissed they ended up cutting Eugenia Volodina out.

For people wanting any old US Vogue issues,just go to e-Bay.com, it's the way forward, trust me I use it all the time :wink: :flower:

I'm still a bit bitter that Hana got this cover over Elise, Eugenia, Mariacarla, Raquel, Julia S etc.

^It makes it even more sadder that Eugenia was supposed to be part of the story :(

^I miss the whole early 2000s...
looking back on this thread I noticed how a lot of images became iconic :smile:

^I miss the whole early 2000s...
looking back on this thread I noticed how a lot of images became iconic :smile:

I miss the days when US Vogue made models (and not celebrities) a priority. Those days are long gone (very sadly).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EthanY
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->