i saw a pic of it today

Daria, Gisele, Isabeli, Karolina, Liya, Hana, Gemma, Karen

Originally posted by Luciana@Aug 21 2004, 04:18 PM
Pic

Isabeli send me an email and i posted at fotolog :flower:
[snapback]341103[/snapback]​

What did the email say?

Originally posted by loserunit@Aug 21 2004, 03:41 PM
i'm a little TO-ed that eugenia wasn't included.
[snapback]341074[/snapback]​
my son says that all the time since he saw Napoleon Dynamite :lol:

I still haven't gotten mine in the mail. Have any subscribers already gotten their's?

What happened to Michelle Alves at the AKRIS ad? She looked like a witch! Michelle's face, although lovely, is not photogenic at all. No wonder she mostly did runways. Her goal by the way, is to nabbed a cosmetic campaign, good luck Michelle.

there's also a story on Kate Moss, her style, .and picture editorial....which was an added bonus

:smile:

I heart Kate's style

Instead of spending so much cash on magazines like I did int he past, I just get cozy at a bookstore and go through every mag I am interested in page by page. It really helps.

I don't usually purchase US Vogue (one of my least favourite magazines actually)..but I do make an effort to buy their September issues (will def. be purchasing this issue when it arrives at Borders this coming week).. gives me a headache how heavy and packed with junk (read: advertisements) it will be though.

Originally posted by Pradaromance12@Aug 21 2004, 05:04 PM
my son says that all the time since he saw Napoleon Dynamite :lol:
[snapback]341157[/snapback]​

i think the only way to respond to this is...

flippin' sweet.

anyways. come on you have to agree with me. eugenia is bigger than hana, and even gemma ward for god's sake.

PLUS

i decided that eugenia and i have similar large noses. that's gotta mean something.

Originally posted by loserunit@Aug 22 2004, 03:35 AM

i decided that eugenia and i have similar large noses. that's gotta mean something.
[snapback]341499[/snapback]​

omg! same! i love eugenia's nose! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: makes her so unique!!! :blush:

:cry: I wish they would put her in! :cry:

I was very annoyed at the inclusion of Hana and not Euguenia. And why is Hana's head tilted? Makes her look like a freak!!

I bought the today and must say that I am extremely disappointed. The majority of the magazine is ads, including the entire Ann Taylor series, about 10 pages each from Neiman Marcus and Barneys and the SJP Gap ads. Strangely enough there are no ads from Alexander McQueen, Stella McCartney or Bottega Venetta. Target has a few pages, featuring Karmen Kass. There is a Perry Ellis ad, which is very poorly done.

The editorials are lackluster, imo. I don't like the menswear trend and seeing Gisele in those mannish outfits :yuk: It seems Anna and co. picked a small handful of designers and featured them over and over. There had to be some other designers who did work worthy of inclusion :huh:

I was excited by the Reality Check feature, which asks 20 stylish women what they want from the Fall collections, until I read it-another disappointment imo. They start off with some actress from the L-word who happens to be Gwyneth Paltrows cousin, and of course she is given the most pages. :rolleyes:

I give this issue a C-. I personally preferred the September issues of Elle and Harpers Bazaar. :ninja: :innocent:

Originally posted by stylegurrl@Aug 22 2004, 10:50 PM
I bought the today and must say that I am extremely disappointed. The majority of the magazine is ads, including the entire Ann Taylor series, about 10 pages each from Neiman Marcus and Barneys and the SJP Gap ads. Strangely enough there are no ads from Alexander McQueen, Stella McCartney or Bottega Venetta. Target has a few pages, featuring Karmen Kass. There is a Perry Ellis ad, which is very poorly done.

The editorials are lackluster, imo. I don't like the menswear trend and seeing Gisele in those mannish outfits :yuk: It seems Anna and co. picked a small handful of designers and featured them over and over. There had to be some other designers who did work worthy of inclusion :huh:

I was excited by the Reality Check feature, which asks 20 stylish women what they want from the Fall collections, until I read it-another disappointment imo. They start off with some actress from the L-word who happens to be Gwyneth Paltrows cousin, and of course she is given the most pages. :rolleyes:

I give this issue a C-. I personally preferred the September issues of Elle and Harpers Bazaar. :ninja: :innocent:
[snapback]342148[/snapback]​

there is a bottega venetta ad. ...just letting you know.
i also didn't care for the giesle editorial but i loved the steven klien one.

and well then there's the whole eugenia issue. :wink:

Thanks loserunit, I guess I missed the BV ad because I was so annoyed.... :blush:

I wasn't crazy about it either...I was also quite unhappy with the September Elle as well, I'm hoping Bazaar turns out something satisfying.

i was watching a cnbc thing about advertising & the enonomy,
and it said the sep vogue weighs 8 pounds
can't waaaaaaaaait to get it

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yujiaolong666
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->