V&A: Fashion In Motion-Manish Arora

SomethingElse

Press escape to continue.
Reaction score
The work of one of India's most innovative fashion designers is to feature at a special show at the V&A.

Delhi-based designer Manish Arora, whose creations have been described as "a wild mix of traditional Indian costume and pop art", will be showing some of his most outlandish creations as part of the Fashion in Motion and India Now season.

Highlights of the show will be his London and Delhi dresses, which will be seen together for the first time today.

The dresses depict well known symbols and sights from each city, and each took 300 painstaking hours to embroider.

The London Dress features Big Ben, the London Eye and Tube station signs embroidered with Swarovski crystals.

Arora, 34, said: "This is the perfect opportunity to have both dresses on show together. They usually get a wonderful response.

"The London dress is my take on the familiar sights using intricate techniques to create a stunning piece." The Delhi dress, which was unveiled in India last year, features attractions such as the Qutub Minar and the India Gate.

Arora, who says British veteran Vivienne Westwood is one of his favourite designers, added: "I draw inspiration from anywhere and everywhere and I'm in London a lot. I love the style of the city and walking around taking it all in."

However, today's shows will be his last in London for some time.

He said: "I love coming here, but am leaving London Fashion Week to try Paris Fashion Week from next year - and I am working on a Paris dress, too."

4uwp2rt.jpg
52pwf8w.jpg

6f742hj.jpg
549gy10.jpg

dailymail.co.uk . wireimage.com

Oh my, what an artist! Stunning visual appeal.

i adore manish! his textures are so breathtaking and highly visual....and complimenting that with extraordinary structures....he's impeccable. i wish i could see this though.

While we're waiting for the images from the show in Paris...

r3997989835.jpg
r2660768384.jpg

r396897602.jpg
r1314742547.jpg

r1182351192.jpg
r1274890324-1.jpg

news.yahoo.com

Last edited by a moderator:
for once where extraordinary truly applies! i adore that one in white with the embroidered snowy landscape :heart: egads....he is such a master,really.

Thank you SomethingElse. I'm going to have to go with Scott and say extraodinary, maybe beyond extraodinary. What a dazzling visual story he tells. Magic.

The 2nd look in post #8 is just fierce! Completely presentable and excellent combination of patterns. Also loving the first look in post #12. Thank you Something Else! :smile:

The 2nd look in post #8 is just fierce! Completely presentable and excellent combination of patterns. Also loving the first look in post #12. Thank you Something Else! :smile:

trashfiyah, Amazing that that 2nd look in post #8 is the one I cannot get my eyes off of. It gets me off!:heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hosewearer
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->