Matthew Williamson to show in London for S/S 08

kimair

frozen
Reaction score
from wwd...

Another British designer is set to tread a path back to London Fashion Week this September.

Matthew Williamson, who has shown in New York since 2002, will mark his eponymous label’s 10th anniversary by presenting his spring 2008 collection in London. Fellow Brit Luella Bartley also will return to London from New York in September.

“Matthew Williamson runs one of the U.K.’s most successful designer businesses,” said Hilary Riva, chief executive officer of the British Fashion Council, in a statement. “[His] return to London to celebrate his 10th year in business demonstrates the U.K.’s continuing strength to nurture and support talented designers.”

While Bartley’s London appearance coincides with the opening of her first store in the city, Williamson’s show comes ahead of a retrospective of his signature color-drenched, luxe-bohemian pieces at London’s Design Museum, called “Matthew Williamson – 10 Years in Fashion”, which runs from Oct. 17 through to Jan. 31.

“London Fashion Week has always been very special to me…I will never forget the energy, enthusiasm and spontaneity surrounding my debut show,” said Williamson in a statement. “I cannot think of a more perfect way of celebrating the Matthew Williamson 10 year anniversary.”

However, Williamson won’t be quitting New York permanently – the designer will be back in the city to show his fall 2008 collection in February, when he also plans to open a flagship store in Manhattan, following his first shop in London’s Mayfair, which opened in 2004.

at least there may be more space on NY overcrowded schedule..........

I always feel like he was suited more to London, he hasn't done anything new for what seems like years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->