V Spain #05 Summer 2010 : Adriana Lima by Mario Sorrenti

LOVE. Adriana is looking beautiful as usual and her body is terrific.
My only problem with this is that her left hand is at a awkward position.

Though I must be the only 'sick/distorted' person that's not really enjoying the comeback of oversexualised spreads, models and clothing.
it's getting boring imo, which is exactly what sexualized spreads shouldn't be. we look at it and we don't react with any excitment or amazement.
sometimes it seems people only know how to push the boundaries in that way, oversexualizing, trying to cause an impact, showing everything and sometimes almost explicit sex images, relying on sex to make it interesting, and that's so uncreative...
i do like mario sorrenti's photography, though. i feel as if he has some kind of unpretentious concern in making it beautiful more than making it sexual, which gives his images a certain subtlety, making them much sexier than terry richardson's, for example.

She does have a great body but overall i'm not really liking this.

I don't like it, she doesn't even look like herself (yes I know sometimes in fashion that's the point) but here she looks trashy and sl*tty (ok maybe it's V's point) but I hate this cover, I'm not a fan of V anyway nor Adriana = beh

I hate this cover... it absolutely ruins Adriana as a model for me... and this lingerie looks herendous... like p*rno from 70's... very dissapointed...

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh god. I am so tired of people complaining about "trashy" fashion editorials/covers. Honestly, get a sense of humour.

I hate Adriana Lima... not diggin' the cover either. I agree with you, blueorchid but overall this just a little too 70s p*rno for my taste.
I don't like that these Victoria's Secret models are trying to go mainstream. Miranda Kerr has been doing well and I have nothing bad to say about her but these other girls just seem to be on a mission to sell sex, not fashion. I don't have a problem with nudity or sexuality and a bit of trashy can always be fun but this cover just doesn't do it for me.

Nothing about that cover say fashion. In fact, it looks no better than a Hustler cover.

oh ... it's Emmanuelle à la plage in Miami, waiting detective Crockett and Tubbs ?

and you have to scratch the V to see her delicate nipples ? How can someone be excited to discover her nipples when she already offers it all (almost feel like i'm in 18th century and gonna discover her ankle, right ?) ?

well unnecessary cover, again ... but it's summer and you're supposed to have horny hormones, non ?

I don't mind the sexy element - but I don't like Adriana's expression and the styling - I think hotpants or a bikini bottom would have worked better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muggins1265
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"