Valentino F/W 2024.25 Paris

I think Pierpaolo repeated some looks from previous collections and make them in black…? I thought I saw a dress from the pink collection or something but in black…

But yeh, this collection is nothing to scream about, a very steady and reliable offering of wearable clothes for the label’s regular clients, it will sell very very well (better than the Le Blanc or pink collection given that it’s black)

Did any of the models had problems because of the shoes?? I don´t feel like watching the video (and the shoes problems are already a classic at PPP for Valentino).

Did any of the models had problems because of the shoes?? I don´t feel like watching the video (and the shoes problems are already a classic at PPP for Valentino).
There was only one trip that made it into the live-feed. Always worried for the girls when PPP adds stairs into the mix. Another lovely but boring collection for Valentino which seems to suit its clients just fine. Giving high end Elie Saab IMO.

There was only one trip that made it into the live-feed. Always worried for the girls when PPP adds stairs into the mix. Another lovely but boring collection for Valentino which seems to suit its clients just fine. Giving high end Elie Saab IMO.
It never fails! It´s not a PPP collection if all the models survive after the show!!

Simple, calm, but effective.

After some seasons of identity crisis the Valentino woman is still hungry for life, but got finally her grandeur back.

Great cast. Great soundtrack (it feels like a big Sade-Comeback is in the works!)

I thought this was quite lovely, grown up and elegant. could use a bit more focus, but the overall impression was ace.

When I see people complaining about innovation I just have no idea what people are expecting. What can possibly be innovative these days?

At this rate, a nice wearable collection IS f*cking innovative, imo.
They didn't learn after seeing what happened at McQueen and Gucci after people wished for new designers lol. That said I love the collection, it was long as his usual collections but that sultry Sade soundtrack made the journey worth it and brought out the sensuality of the collection. I wish there wasn't too much of visible bodies and wish he covered some with a skin tone hued mesh underneath but that's just me being conservative. Hopefully the campaign will be more interesting than what he has given us of late. You could tell that Mona is a Sade fan by how she was feeling that music on the runway.

For a Brand that has such a great approach to colour and print combinations, I find it very depressing and I miss both elements alot.

The evening ear is beautiful though!

I can't move away from those sad limp babylocked ruffles/frills on look 17. Since Tom Ford, I've been scarred and this isn't helping.

Pier Paolo's vision for the Valentino woman is a very square one as of late. The proportions are always a bit awkward and seems rather shy to have something fitted to the waste unless it's a complete cutout (look 61) or just straight up sheer so no need to fit it well. At large and in theory, I should like this collection. I'm a fan of all black when it is done well and when there's a variety of fabrics and textures to offset the monotony it can usually bring. But because every model looks so square, it just makes me think of the monolith from 2001: A Space Odyssey.

This collection is better than the previous ones and some of the elegante looks have the allure of old valentino, but I have always wondered why they don't bring back the valentino red!

Looking back, nice wearable collections is what we’ve had for the past few years. Wearable but innovative is what we had with Ghesquière at Balenciaga, Elbaz at Lanvin, Raf at Jil Sander, Marc at LV, Philo at Céline, Galliano at Dior and Margiela, Theyskens and then even some collections from Copping at Nina Ricci and so on. Even early Rousteing at Balmain which I didn’t appreciate back then, I appreciate far far more now in comparison to some of these safe collections I’m seeing now.
Was thinking about writing something here for a couple days and it seems you wrote most I wanted to write haha. At least you named the names I wanted to, when it comes to innovation in fashion, as I also thought about Ghesquière at Balenciaga, Galliano, Marc Jacobs etc. Back then. Those were the days? Kind of, somehow, for many people who got interested in fashion as a whole at the same time as I did. Today things are "slightly" (what a sweet and mild euphemism, right?!) different. Most of times we have two options I don't enjoy: collections are either boringly safe or obnoxiously gimmicky. Waiting for the one claiming to combine those two trends in one freakily frightening collection. Eagerly!

As the initial point made by @blueorchid was that it's hardly possible to be innovative (and I'd add relevant) right now, it's not as impossible as it seems. It's just close to it, as it takes a bloody lot of time and as much stamina (and the opportunity to get both which is a rare one nowadays). It also requires to understand the genuine meaning of "innovation" - some are producing random crap that pretends it doesn't relate to anything (relevant, again) and call it a day. And we should keep in mind even the most innovative designers of their respective eras (talking about those at the helm of some already existing houses) looked back at the archives of the brand, took ideas from the past (close one or much further). But they made it their own, somehow, they translated those inspiration in their personal visual language. Then, innovation can be performed on various levels, on different fronts. Not just as a matter of shapes, materials, or whatever included in a creative process. Got to make it short now otherwise I'm stepping on the dodgy territory of some endless conversation(s?) with myself...

That collection does not much to/for me. No good for sure. Nothing bad either. I'll have it all forgotten in less than a week, and that's a highly optimistic option.

When I see people complaining about innovation I just have no idea what people are expecting. What can possibly be innovative these days?

At this rate, a nice wearable collection IS f*cking innovative, imo.
Exactly. We are in 2024. People saying those kind of things are stuck in 2009 or before. Trying to be innovative in 2024 is super out of fashion and, let me tell you, absurd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhaoxx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->