Valentino Haute Couture S/S 2024 Paris

I liked this collection, though mostly because it was a rehash of his earlier solo collections.

That aside, why are Valentino's Couture shows so consistently messy. There weren't any major mishaps here, but the models constantly break character while on the runway. It's so shoddy...

Last edited by a moderator:
Pierpaolo trapping us with the « Atelier taking the bow ». How can someone express a negative opinion after seeing the whole atelier coming down…

I guess I will.
Everything felt like a rehash and the things that didn’t looked or felt like it were very try-hard. The color blocking, the color palette, the oversized volumes…It’s like a broken record. Add to that Maria Callas…Ok!

There were some very beautiful pieces but overall…Pas terrible.

In a way, it's a standard Valentino by Piccioli affair, which is not a bad thing. I like how he does give space to daywear in his collections, it gives the impression of something more grounded, more in touch with the times.
It's not a perfect collection - I agree, those oversize blazers are an eye sore and overall it needed to be more cohesive- but, as usual, PP proves to be an unrivalled colourist, so much so because the shapes are essentially quite pure.

The winning number for me was the red pleated palazzo-pajama on Sasha Pivovarova.

I absolutely loathe his work.

He started out so strong solo at the house, but he very quickly ended up in this particular rut that he refuses to get out of.

I personally find his use if color garish. I do not think he is a master colorist. I think he thinks he is. But throwing clashing colors together doesn’t mean anything if it doesn’t actually look good together.

I also find it really obvious how lazy the actual design work is. Most of what he puts out now for Couture is like a big, boxy, solid, 2-dimensional oversized item like a car coat and it’s so basic and there’s no detail work to speak of. So boring. So cheap.

And like Lola said…it’s like emotional blackmail having the atelier come out.

Get you tired *** out of here PPPPPPP!

Valentino is honestly like Dior and Chanel: you gonna close your eyes and you know exactly what siluette will be presented, what colour blocking, what volume, what music, what shoes, who will take a bow, which models will be there and who will sit in the front row. Another exactly the same collection: boring, uninspiring, lazy, using atelier as human shield.

I actually loved this, its still the same aesthetic and colour family but still beautiful and will look nice in the real world. Though the fit on some of those pant was horrible most likely due to the fabric used, the fly wasnt sitting right at all.

Definitely an Ancora and Prada-lite collection. Real crappy looking collars and lapels here too, pretty abysmal. And so slouchy but still demanding a particular stance so you don't have a multitude of nip slips.

There's no Valentino in this. The brand and Valentino himself aren't exactly known for a certain cut or anything, besides the Valentino red, but there was always such a notable air of something to the collections that made Valentino what it was. It's completely lost here, and the push to include men's in this is so pointless. Will have to watch through the Fall 2007 couture show as a palette cleanser to this after work I think.

Pierpaolo still isn't the colourist he thinks he his...

so sad that he has 0 point of view. he always makes great individual dressess but his ideas for a show are so all over the place that its hard to remember any of his collection. Total opposite of mary grace whose point of view is so literal and so basic

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swissmiss2000
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->