Valentino Resort 2025 Milan

it's pretty, but it's too much-- and the 1 red dress isn't special, to debut at valentino is it so crazy to expect a show stopping red dress included? the headscarves feels too gucci typical alessandro hippie thing, yeah, it would be cool to see a stylist like joe mckenna jump in and take michele's beautiful mind and apply it in some new way..

There are some interesting pieces here and there,
I think it would be difficult to not show a nice piece here and there when your offering has more than 500 pieces :lol:

The thing is that all his collections look the same. Once you see one, you know how the rest will look like. He doesn't play with inspirations, lenghts, fits or visual/graphic impacts to send a precise message... he just throws everything in every collection (well, that might be his message).

It just feels super tiring. I'm exhausted by his Valentino and it's been just a few hours. I mean, he didn't even change the bandanas + sunglasses styling. So, so, so boring. He's such a one trick pony.

I always thought he was super overrated as a designer (at least, in fashion terms). He might be a great business man though.

The only decent thing is the Céline bag in canvas and caramel leather... But too normal.

I loved AM's Gucci and there were always beautiful things in the stores, but this feels a little dated. There aren't any interesting ideas or a new point of view, it's just like a jumble sale of vintage garments ( admittedly from one of those very expensive high-class vintage boutiques)
It's commercial, and surely anyone will find something, but personally I expected something a little sharper, a statement of intent.
I still love his spirit, but I'm not sure if I'll be a client for any of this.

I love the collection, but he needs to move on. He would also benefit from axing 75% of these looks just on the basis of having a stronger focal point.

In fact, my problem with this collection is that there’s not one single garment that I feel I haven’t seen before, nothing that holds the attention more than a second.
He’s a great designer but this feels phoned in.

I’m already EXHAUSTED! It’s no wonder he was able to prepare this oppressive amount of looks in a short time, the design meetings were him presenting his Gucci archive and saying “just change the GG to V’s.”

I’ve seen some praise him for his “world building” talent but why does that “world” has to be so limited, repetitive, ugly, and smell of mothballs and Bengay?

The accessories and tchotchkes will sell so we’ll be stuck in his eccentric nursing home for sometime.

EXHAUSTED!

One thing that can be said is that this looks like nothing else out there.
Michele is like Slimane: you hire them for their very specific aesthetic and orchestral prowess.
Do I like this? Not particularly but then I was not a fan of his Gucci tenure neither.

However I do admire this. Its speaks volumes about his might as a creative director to steer the
barca in such a different direction in just two months. To create such a huge collection of RTW and accessories to this
standard in such little time. It takes guts, gumption and incredible self-belief. And also a village.
This feels like a complete universe already.

The "Chez Valentino" and hexagonal pattern already look like confident new signatures, a graphic language that
contrasts quite well against all this sweetness and stops it from becoming overly saccharine.

Hats off.

I equate AM to Wes Anderson. The style is so distinct and unique that no matter what he makes, it will all start to look the same after the first few views. Still, the vision is there and it looks like it will sell.

I’m hoping to see a more edited AM but based on this, it doesn’t look promising.

I can’t believe they were so dumb to kill off any kind of hype before the Summer show. After looking at that amount of looks, I couldn’t care less about what he's going to show on September.

One thing that can be said is that this looks like nothing else out there.
Michele is like Slimane: you hire them for their very specific aesthetic and orchestral prowess.
Do I like this? Not particularly but then I was not a fan of his Gucci tenure neither.

However I do admire this. Its speaks volumes about his might as a creative director to steer the
barca in such a different direction in just two months. To create such a huge collection of RTW and accessories to this
standard in such little time. It takes guts, gumption and incredible self-belief. And also a village.
This feels like a complete universe already.

The "Chez Valentino" and hexagonal pattern already look like confident new signatures, a graphic language that
contrasts quite well against all this sweetness and stops it from becoming overly saccharine.

Hats off.
Ever been to a vintage store ? Because I can go to any vintage store and recreate all the looks from this collection...
:unsure:

Alessandro put you through it with his 171 looks @vogue28
Thank you for posting!

For me when a designer take a house, even more a house that has such an impact on our mind, it’s so important to see if he/she understand the spirit of the house.

And like I said with Slimane…The YSL girl wasn’t a rock type of girl. So no matter if you made a raid to the archives every season, if it’s just to make her look like a groupie, it’s not working for me.

Here the clothes are more or less good. But is the spirit of Valentino kept? No.

Women in disguise is not Valentino, no matter how close to the archives it is. We have ruffles, flou, romantic flair but it’s disappointing.

I mean, we complain that Margiela doesn’t look like Margiela, the same for Marni or Jil Sander…Even Dior is not Dior despite the countless ballerina shaped dresses, but we give a pass to some designers who only see brands with history as names on the doors…

The verdict is there I guess. He’s like Hedi, no matter which house it’s more of the same. Every collection a merchandising exercise. Only question that remains is if his aesthetic would blend with the brand and make it sell. Slimane stands apart in that.

I wish though that high octane glamour is there, which I thought could be achieved even with just a simple tweak in styling and some editing. There are good pieces.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO OMG

Speaking as a Valentino client, I was HORRIBLY shocked when I was scrolling through WWD’s tweets on this collection like I was LITERALLY IN TEARS, like tears of sadness.

There’s a reason why I buy Valentino, I go to Valentino for the sleekness, the clean-cut lines, the elegance, simplicity, the timelessness. I can’t find all these qualities in this collection. It’s too kitsch, overly ornate, too frilly, too “of the moment”, too colourful (yes I know Fall 2014 RTW is a colour puke exercise but at least the lines were clean, this is not).

Honestly when they announced AM as the next person to take over the position of CD of Valentino I already had a bad hunch about this (I was telling the whole world that everyone should start stocking up on the PPP (& MGC) items) and this collection basically proves what I was worrying about.

And, let’s not forget there’s a reason why he was let go from Gucci. If the Gucci clients are not buying it, I don’t the Valentino clients buying it too.

And… Mr Valentino Garavani is still alive, we’ll see what he thinks about this…

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamal2isgood
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->