Valentino S/S 2018 by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

Complete cast: Gigi Hadid, Aurora Talarico, Adut Akech, Oumie Jameh, Rianne Van Rompaey and Felice Noordhoff. Source @auroratalaricoo Instagram

Aurora's shots are the worse.

I'm kinda hoping there's a video...

Last edited by a moderator:
How did Gigi end up there and got more shots than the other (and better) girls? I still don’t get her commercial face and the contrast is stark when she is photographed next to Rianne.

This whole campaign is gorgeous, and I actually don't think Gigi looks out of place here. She has really grown on me this past year, and no one can deny that she has indeed improved a lot. :smile: Rianne looks really stunning.

Great to see Adut, Oumie, Rianne, Felice in the campaign. Also, Nice image.

The campaign is fantastic my fave so far for the season. I think the cast blends well only Rianne stands out but in a positive way.
I&V have really taken a liking to Gigi ever since they shot her vogue covers last year...

I love this! So colorful and fun and with that 2000s vibe that I´m a sucker for :stuart:

I don't think Gigi is that bad. At least she's better choice than her sister or Kendall. Wha tI love about this campaign is that there shows a change in the house and how Pierpaolo evolves. This exudes the glamour of 2000s Valentino campaigns. Even those bags somehow remind me of the studded rose bags.

Gigi looks so out of place here, doesn't fit the brand and hasn't even walked one Valentino show in her career.

That's what you get when you let I&V shoot the campaign. They always find a way to sneak in their favorites whether they are suitable or not.
She might be slightly better than Bella or Kendall but that doesn't make her a good model...

I really like the campaign (except Gigi's shots). It reminds me of earlier Valentino when he himself was still there. Very dynamic. Rianne nailed it.

I just don't like it. I get another portrait series by David Sims would have been too repetitive but I did love the elegance and timelessness of the shots. Though others disagree with me Gigi doesn't fit in at all here and all the OTT posing (not just from her, some of the others too) is too much. It just reminds me of a god awful campaign Edie Campbell did for Kurt Geiger a few seasons ago. I think the blame lies with I&V; recently I've found their work more lazy and repetitive and it all comes across a bit try hard

I think it's a nice campaign , very odd to see Gigi Hadid here but it's not a disaster and her getting the campaign make it so sure for me that for next fashion week she is about to walk the show ( Opening or Closing)

I'm amaze by my new fav newcomer Oumie she is killing it her and Adut look like godesses

Wow, I really dig this. It's not perfect but I'm liking the Noughties vibe and the graphic-ism of the shots. Rianne, Oumie and Adut (such a great newcomer!)are very well cast...honestly don't even mind most of Gigi' shots.

WOW! Such a great an energetic campaign!
As everybody is doing studio shots this season, it's good to finally see that done right!
I'm not here for the Gigi hate. We barely see her face and for once (without Meisel), she is really modelling. She is a model! Expect her to work for brands...That's what working models are supposed to do. If she is doing it right, like in this case, then we should applaud it instead of focusing if she Valentino enough or not. In this campaign, she is Valentino and to be honest, judging by her campaign record, she is more Valentino than Fendi or Tom Ford.

The only real issue here are the ugly bags. Seriously, they are really ugly!

Pierpaolo is hitting right again. Take that MG!

I like Gigi, but this is really unexpected. She's not a Valentino girl, imo. So she looks out of place here. Her and Rianne together... Just... Doesn't work.

I love everything else tho. Dynamic poses, stunning cast. So nice to see Rianne, Felice, Adut and Oumie.

I just don't like it. I get another portrait series by David Sims would have been too repetitive but I did love the elegance and timelessness of the shots. Though others disagree with me Gigi doesn't fit in at all here and all the OTT posing (not just from her, some of the others too) is too much. It just reminds me of a god awful campaign Edie Campbell did for Kurt Geiger a few seasons ago. I think the blame lies with I&V; recently I've found their work more lazy and repetitive and it all comes across a bit try hard

Right? Taylor said it's very 2000's and he's spot on. Maybe that's why I don't like it. That, and the art direction. God, it's so atrocious. And all the negative space makes it look cold and digital. I&V can be very hit or miss, this one is a definite miss for me.

I don't buy the Hadids as Valentino girls at all, but then the aesthetic is no longer the same either way. If they feel bold enough to give Gigi Missoni, why not Valentino?

Many people may dislike Gigi in this campaign but for me she's definitely nailed it as Valentino's girls. Amazing cast I love the diversity and the logo at the back, it was distracted at first sight but very striking as a whole.

How is this campaign diverse? The world isn't black and white.

Really love this, I even don't care gigi, she looks good in some shots. Happy for Rianne and Adut!
I saw a video on I&V IG and the campaign looks cool!!

This is fantastic, and feels so fun, fresh and modern. A real nice departure from those lame Terry Richardson accessories campaigns and the dull David Sims offerings we used to get from Valentino. Inez & Vinoodh truly killed this, from the casting to the art direction with the huge Valentino logo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magfag
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->