Valentino S/S 2019 Paris

I stopped caring about clothes as soon as I noticed Kristen McMenamy!

Jokes aside, Paris REALLY brings it this season.

Meh. It's just another beautiful done pile of bourgeois clothes.

Kristen Mcmenamy made my day though.

I am not really a fan of this collection. The straw hats no thanks, the bags no thanks, the big logo on sweaters no thanks, the dresses with the sequins screamed Manish Arora circa 2008 and then few dresses just felt like little sisters of the Haute Couture ones.

Meh. These clothes don't look good on the models. Most look lost in such amounts of fabric. I feel like a Demna type of casting would benefit these shapes.

He's such a stunt queen! Lol. I was about to shout and scream during that black segment, especially henw I saw the logo looks :sick:, but then it lightened up.
Jokes aside, this doesn't cut it for me I'm afraid. There's ONE look that I really adore - the earthy burgundy flowing top with sand-coloured pleated maxi skirt. Build a bit more around and then we can talk. The lilac segment seemed ok too, but way too short. And the rest doesn't appeal to me.

I like the way he balance the collection though. He's not prepared to lose Valentino's fans of sheer matronly embellished dresses to MGC,so there's that. Rounded out by some experimentation. As unimpressed as I am with this, it's stil way, way ahead of Dior.

I gotta say, ever since Pierpaolo becomes obsessed with uploading Instagram posts and stories, his work quality declines and he starts showing all these mediocre looks. This collection is all over the place! Slowly turning in one trick pony like MGC. Yikes.

This is actually my favorite main RTW collection since his first one.
My problem with PP is that his Couture is really focused but his RTW is trying too much to tap into a lot of things at the same time:
It’s chic but he is trying to make it sportswear. Then he doesn’t want to lose the luxury aspect so he is adding things like feathers and big bows but to be cool, he will add some gimmicky accessories.

This collection has everything i’ve Listed but it flows and looks very good.

I really like the first solid part (minus the logo) but my favorite piece is the white dress with burgundy sequins on the bottom of the dress and blue sequins on the sleeves. Flawless!

The prints are hits/misses but Adut has the best look as usual!

I wish he did something similar to his resort which really captured the Jet-Set aspect of the brand.

Phenomenal... as always. I really loved how he worked on the color pallet here. Started with black... then white... then red, pink... then the explosion of prints. Almost felt like a narrative.

Those big big tacky logos need to go tho! You're way too good for this kind of stuff Pierpaolo!

A dud after so many hits, it seems like he struggled big time to please his clientele while bringing some of the theatricality he explored in the HC. Not inpressive, it all feels disjointed and like there's too much fabric where there shouldn't be. I do love that final black dress though.

The logo looks are of course hideous and so unnecesary. Just don't.

Still better than Maria Grazia, but not up to the standard of the last two shows. I also felt that the all black looks weighed the collection down.

It’s still the same problem for me here...

The Couture is so elevated and special and it feels so right.

But the Ready-to-Wear feels pointless. What purpose does this serve? Who is this for? What is this saying? It’s so clear that real passion and care is put into the Couture, but I don’t think there’s been enough energy put into deciding what the RTW needs to be. Making Couture-lite feels a bit ridiculous and cheap. It needs to be something else entirely, while still feeling of the same mind.

Not saying it’s an easy task, nor do I have the answer...but I think it’s worth the Valentino team to start evaluating.

Not his best collection but there are some nice looks here and there...

I seen the word "Causal Couture" used to describe this collection and I'd say that's pretty spot on description. That seems to be the idea behind Valentino ready to wear but it does't work for me in the way the actual couture collections do. Yeah, there are couture like elements e.g the opening look on Kristen, which is fantastic but the overall message is confusing. A more cohesive display would help me get he's trying to design for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->