Valentino S/S 2020 Paris

More monkey prints!!! First Bottega Veneta, now Valentino...arghhh! At least they could make "The secret of Monkey Island" pixel-art prints!

And tons of pretty dresses. Elie Saab and Zuhair Murad have now more material to copy from!

He just puts a smile on my face, every single time. It's so beautiful. Those first white looks were so crisp and elegant. The pops of color were great,the prints are very fun and upbeat, the whole look was effortlessly sophisticated. The make up and jewelry elevated the looks for sure. Like always, it's just really f*cking beautiful.

It’s a lovely collection as usual but after look 20, you kinda feel like you have seen it all and it starts to feel like a line-up of everything under the sun...
I’m really missing something from his RTW.
It’s a pity because I like the prints and the shirts. Maybe he needs to improve the presentation and edit.

Ahhh, this collection is so beautiful. It was a pleasure watching the video - everything especially looked great in movement. I'm obsessed with the beginning section with all of the white shirt-dresses. Its so light and gorgeous!

I have to say, the look on Kaia stood out for me, although slightly disconnected from the rest: it looked like PierPaolo's gentle hommage to YSL, now that the SL has become Trasho Central.

Beautiful. This collection is easily my favorite from PFW so far..
Dior should wake up and take notes.

There are some good pieces, but for the most part I find the clothes terribly aging. I bet that his customer base is the more mature crowd, but even the 'youthful' looks are very old looking.

It's fine, some beautiful pieces like always. He's created "a look" for himself, even if there's almost too much going on in each Valentino collection for me (well, not compared to Gucci, let's say). Not as strong as his menswear for S/S with it's outdoorsy/luxe camping vibe.

I feel like he could benefit from going back to Karl Templer for styling, to really help sharpen his point of view. McKenna is obviously a legend, but I don't really see what he's bringing to the table at the brand - for example the jewelry needs to be toned down on some of the opening looks. Just IMO.

Dries already outdid him at his game this season but this is classy and easy on the eye, the feather mini dresses and the all white section were my favorites. The neon details over white reminded me of Givenchy HC S/S 2011, now that I think so you could style them with those gigantic Rick Owens' headpieces and together you'd have practically the same thing.

To expand a bit....

There’s something about his RTW that just is such a flop for me. It’s no better than, let’s say, Monse...or something like that.

It’s prissy, trite and kind of fussy...but that obnoxious sort of fussy that’s meant to look so easy...

I’ve said it before, but I’ll say it again...I wish he could figure out a way to define his RTW in a way that feels related to the Couture, without it looking like Couture-lite, like the Couture but production ready, retail ready version.

Galliano’s Dior heyday was the best template for a house operating both Couture and RTW. There was an obvious spirit connecting the two...but the collections felt as though they served two, distinct purposes. I’m not saying that’s any easy feat, but PPP’s Valentino doesn’t feel like the two lines are distinct enough, and so the RTW feels kind of useless in comparison.

There are a few classic looks here, but I don't know that I'll remember the collection three days from now.

It's a nice collection but it's become tiring. He has created his looks and vocabulary and isn't able to expand it. I wish it's more streamlined and skimmed through the sea of tulles. All this excess is perfect for the HC collection and he's got the talent to do that.

I really love when he try to do less in the RTW collection. The culotte suits on Kaia and another girl in hot pink is really great. I would love to see that kind of direction. Or maybe the resort or prefall collections, few seasons back, shot in studio. That have enough femininity, masculinity and seduction.

It's an improvement over the funeral garb and tropical caftan's from last spring. There is a lot more work put into volume, silhouette, and construction. It's finally feeling derivative of his Couture. It's elevated, both literally and conceptually. Now he has to tone down the novelty prints. At least they aren't the main story here. I can forgive them. Overall it's a big step forward for Valentino RTW. A woman can find something special to covet here.

completely obsessed with it. colour palette as always just works. it's perfect.

great great show. one of the best this season.

Its trying very hard to be something. I wish he would loosen up RTW a bit more. Its still very pretty though

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhaoxx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->