Vanessa Milde

Nelly Cat

Reaction score
I read an article about this young Aussie a little while ago. Then today I came across two more stories, and just now, some pics of her being interviewed during RAFW. I find it funny, as in a bit strange, that she's already getting media coverage. Considering she barely just started working.

What do you think of her?

1a809b7a.jpg

Height: 5'11''
Agency: IMG

Article from The Australian.

Schoolgirl's dream walk in supermodel's footsteps

Georgina Safe, Fashion editor
September 02, 2006

IN the modelling world, it's the stuff of fairytales.

On the strength of a handful of digital "no make-up" photographs, Adelaide schoolgirl Vanessa Milde has been flown to New York and signed to IMG, the same international modelling firm that turned Perth teenager Gemma Ward into a supermodel.

"It's pretty incredible. It didn't really sink in until I was on the plane," the 15-year-old said yesterday. "I was a tiny bit nervous but then I got there and got straight into it. I spent two nights living in the IMG model house doing castings, runway and a 10-page shoot for Nylon magazine."

Vanessa's dream run began in May, when she and her mother walked into Finesse Model Agency in Adelaide. "My initial reaction was, 'sheer beauty'," said Finesse owner Brigette Mitchell.

A week later, Ms Mitchell showed shots of Vanessa to IMG's women's development department head David Cunningham over lunch during Australian Fashion Week.

"I knew I was going to Sydney so I took some no make-up digis and carried them with me," Ms Mitchell said. "I let David know I had a very new raw face and would he be interested if someone had what ittook."

Mr Cunningham was very interested. He flew Vanessa to New York for three weeks of test shots and castings in July.

"Vanessa Milde has shown great potential as a fashion model," an IMG spokesman said. "IMG is confident that Vanessa will have a successful future in the fashion industry."

Vanessa is now on IMG's books alongside models including Daria Werbowy, Shalom Harlow, Gisele Bundchen and Ward. IMG represents her in New York, Paris, Milan and London, while Finesse will look after her in Australia.

Vanessa plans to juggle her modelling career around school at Tabor Christian College in Plympton.

Her first modelling job was for a catalogue for department store Harris Scarfe at age nine. "I only did that one Harris Scarfe catalogue, but then years later my ballet teacher said I'd be great for modelling and she told me to go to Finesse," she said. "I've always been interested in fashion and loved the industry, so I thought I'd give it a try."

Vanessa has put plans to be a lawyer on hold and is giving her all to becoming the next Gemma Ward. "I hope that the future will be good and that I will actually get somewhere in this career, and I'm confident in myself that I can," she said.

Given her Big Apple aspirations, Vanessa is thrilled to be opening Australian Fashion Week in Melbourne on Monday for designer Toni Maticevski, who is showing at New York Fashion Week five days later.

"I'm really, really excited about doing the Toni Maticevski parade, because his clothes are just so beautiful," she said.

The teenager is booked for six shows at AFW, after which it is back to Adelaide - for now.

"Eventually I will probably move overseas, but for the meantime while I'm young I'll stay in Adelaide," she said. "I'll finish school first."

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...7-2702,00.html

I realllyyyy like her

I'll post some more photos from IMG:D but first I'll post this..poor thing!
Model too thin for her tights

SHE is being billed as the next Gemma Ward, but 15-year-old Adelaide schoolgirl Vanessa Milde is so thin her tights slid down during the final day of Melbourne Fashion Week.

International model agency IMG signed Milde after an Adelaide-based agency was stunned by her "sheer beauty".

But at the New Generation show at St Kilda Baths, Milde drew gasps as the tights used by designer DavisEyes slid down, too big for her slim thighs.

not the whole article..the rest isn't about Vanessa..
[news.com.au]

I'd really like it if she would do modelling now:lol: please don't finish school!!:rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
and here's the photo that came with it.

0523783500lw9.jpg

[news.com.au]

Her legs really are tiny, especially in the 1st pic acester posted :shock:

acester said:
I realllyyyy like her

I'll post some more photos from IMG:D but first I'll post this..poor thing!
Model too thin for her tights

SHE is being billed as the next Gemma Ward, but 15-year-old Adelaide schoolgirl Vanessa Milde is so thin her tights slid down during the final day of Melbourne Fashion Week.

International model agency IMG signed Milde after an Adelaide-based agency was stunned by her "sheer beauty".

But at the New Generation show at St Kilda Baths, Milde drew gasps as the tights used by designer DavisEyes slid down, too big for her slim thighs.

not the whole article..the rest isn't about Vanessa..
[news.com.au]

I'd really like it if she would do modelling now:lol: please don't finish school!!:rofl:
Haha, aww. Poor Nessa. Thanks for posting. :D

Yet another write-up...

Vanessa 'the next Gemma' | NEWS.com.au Entertainment

I do think she looks pretty good on the runway, and I'll cut her some slack for being brand new, but she's getting waaay hyped. Her testshots certainly aren't that impressive. :huh:

The Australian media tends to over hype quite a bit

So I've noticed. I love how they translate getting signed by IMG into "future supermodel". And how, according to the article, "A spread with high-art mag Nylon in October promises to cement her as Australia's next top model." :rolleyes:

Looking forward to see her Nylon ed, though. :D

:lol: actually it was her testshots that won me over

I read soo many articles on her and saw some photos and I was not impressed as I hate all the hype Australia gives it's models..I swear they call EVERY new model the next Gemma Ward:rolleyes:

anyway..so now I think she's fantastic:D

more photos..
024vv1.jpg
027dn8.jpg
026xj5.jpg

I think i like her, would like to see more. The picture with the tights - oh my gosh,how embarrassing!

^I know!:lol: She must be destined for big things if she can walk the runway with her tights round her ankles!

I don't find her face spectacular by any means, but I think she has potential.

Here's another piece on her runway mishap. :lol: They're sure making a big deal out of it. :rolleyes:

Tights? These aren't tight!

Janice Breen Burns
September 7, 2006

GIRAFFE-LIKE legs will take a girl a long way in modelling. They took Vanessa Milde, 15, to New York and a 10-page fashion shoot for Nylon magazine last month.

But long — very long — legs aren't much chop in standard issue tights. Poor Milde found that out yesterday as her pantyhose descended, little by little, on her lap of the catwalk for Sydney label Daviseyes at Australian Fashion Week.

"I knew they were coming down, I could feel it as soon as I came out," said the 180-centimetre (5 feet 11 inches) modelling starlet from Adelaide. "I had to decide: if I pulled them up, I knew they'd fall down again and I'd still look ridiculous, so I let nature take its course."

She continued, as if oblivious to the drama heading towards her ankles and threatening to lock her knees together. "It was my Jennifer Hawkins moment."

Daviseyes designer Justine Davis was as mortified as you can be amid fits of laughter.

"She handled it absolutely beautifully," she said of Milde.

The gold tights were a "last-minute accessory" meant to accentuate a gold sunray pleated dress trimmed with gold lace. "But her (Milde's) legs are sooo long! We had to cut the stockings off, just to make them fit."
From http://www.theage.com.au

i think Vanessa Milde has it to become big in the future. she is promising. her face is memorable. :heart:

"It was my Jennifer Hawkins moment." :lol: :lol: aww she's adorable!

it's true theres so much hype about her..
in the past 3 days i've seen two stories on tv about her and read about 4 newspaper articles
i love her body..seems like it comes naturally..dammit!
anyway i hope she does well cause she wants to
acester i agree..don't finish school vanessa. these girls are crazy that want to finish school first :lol: what i would give

Shes very pretty, but Im so sick of every new australian model being instantly hailed as the next Gemma Ward! When they give them hype like that it just never seems to happen.
Vanessa is very pretty and I wish her all the best and hope she acheives great success but the media needs to stop building them up so much early on.
I really look foreward to seeing what she does next :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
user667sgn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->