Vanity Fair December 2015 : Bill Murray by Bruce Weber

We asked for a festive cover, and it seems we kinda got it, in a rather unlikely form.

Seeing Bill Murray on a Vanity Fair cover reminds me of the 80s.

We asked for a festive cover, and it seems we kinda got it, in a rather unlikely form.

Seeing Bill Murray on a Vanity Fair cover reminds me of the 80s.

Oh God, lol. It's so squirmingly corny, besides the fact that he's the last bloke I'd have guessed for their cover. It's a shame you're kicking off your subscription with this gaudy mess, Tigerrouge. But I promise you, the content will certainly interest you. The sole redeeming feature of this cover is the minimal text, everything else ia TOO MUCH!

Maybe this sets me apart from the rest of the human race, but I don't even like Bill Murray, but someone who's been around for that long should have something interesting to say about the entertainment business, which is the sort of content I'd expect from Vanity Fair.

The last time I subscribed to the magazine, it used to take me a month to get round to reading all the articles in each issue.

This is soooo Bruce Weber circa '80s, love it!

I really like it, it's a fun cover and I appreciate that a lot.

How fun, i love it, love how unexpected of a cover star he is, and it just works. Another shocking thing about this is the lack of text, usually they put out most of their content on the cover, but this is great!

I might be biased since I love Bill Murray as an actor but this is fantastic. It's a great promo for his new celebrity-studded movie and it's indeed very festive.

I know the antlers and tinsel make the cover distinctly festive but I would love this cover without them...they ham up the spontaneous appeal of Weber's image too much for me.

It puts a big smile on my face and that's good enough for me!

the industry needs these kinds of covers.

it's unorthodox and gives us a break from the usual suspects

who hoard and crowd every cover shoot across the globe.

He can't do no wrong for me, love it! :heart:

I was expecting December to be a surly, serious Leonardo Dicaprio (kicking off his Oscar campaign, naturally) shot by Annie Leibovitz on a cold beach photoshopped into dreary oblivion.

Looks like one of their fun 80's covers (Brooke Shields with a turkey, Jack Nicholson holding babies, a blindfolded Daryl Hannah holding Oscars.) More of this!

as much as I love Bill Murray and Bruce Weber and appreciate a daring, unexpected cover image the execution is dismal, the final product is a total flop.

So Bruce basically just replaced the hot young buffed naked guy on an inflatable pool toy with… Bill.

These stablished photographers aren't even making the slightest effort anymore, are they?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MmeColbert
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->