Vanity Fair July 2013 : Channing Tatum by Bruce Weber

thanks a lot for posting that article. it is indeed a great one and hopefully things will turn out well for john. fingers crossed.

My VF arrived this morning. The Galliano piece is fantastic.

He's not my cup of tea, but he's the perfect cover star for right now. I don't think anyone can argue with this guy's box office success or relevance. Honestly, it is just nice to see someone on Vanity Fair who is living and breathing and hasn't already had a cover.

Is he a big star now? What movie made him big? I remember seeing him in Coach Carter and thinking he was hot stuff but I'm not terribly attractive to him nowadays..I don't like that cover..

The shot of Galliano on the rocks is amazing.

I read the preview of Galliano's interview and was sold, this is making me purchase my first ever copy of Vanity Fair. I am dying to read the article from the pictures posted but I am fighting to wait until I can sit and just read it in person.

Is he a big star now? What movie made him big? I remember seeing him in Coach Carter and thinking he was hot stuff but I'm not terribly attractive to him nowadays..I don't like that cover..

well, he had hits with G.I. Joe and a few others, but last year he had The Vow, 21 Jump Street, and Magic Mike all within a few months of one another and all were big box office successes. More importantly, it proved that both men and women viewed him as a box office draw.

the ava gardner story in here is great. a lot of witty soundbites.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been a fan of him ever since Magic Mike :brows: The whole issue was a good read, I might have to start buying this more often (probably not).

Boring cover ... when I read the subject line I was hoping for something along the lines of the iconic Herb Ritts/Matthew McCounnaughey collab below ... but sadly no :(

I wonder why, though? :unsure: Herb Ritts's work is very timeless, classical even at times, sculptural. Weber's work is about youth fantasy-even though they both use the body and similar types of models (hunky jock archetypes) , overall they'fe quite different in their essence. That picture of Matthew Mc. is also a product of an entirely different time...

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waldzios
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->