Vanity Fair December 2019 : Chrissy Teigen & John Legend by Mark Seliger

In my opinion, there are way worse families or people to hate than them so I'll take this. A nice cover.

I don't the get the hate for this family. They're cute and spread positive vibes, here in Italy they're not so famous as a family, only John Legend I'd say so I never got the attention seekers impression out of them

Is this magazine still selling issues?

Not if my newsstand is anything to go by - this issue is a sad, thin pamphlet on sale for almost £5, with no supplement to make it seem worth the money, fronted by two people whose celebrity relevance doesn't travel very far in the UK, and as a consequence, was placed so far back on the shelf that it took me ten minutes to realise it was even there.

In true famewhore fashion, John is making waves on UK breakfast shows for updating some classic Christmas song for the MeToo era just as this cover hit the newsstand. Not that it would help selling this issue, in fact, it'd do the opposite.

The Ballad of John and Chrissy

Photographer: Mark Seliger
Stylist: Samira Nasr
Hair: Kevin Ryan
Makeup: Sarah Tanno
Manicure: Ashlie Johnson
Cast: John Legend, Chrissy Teigen

Vanity Fair Digital Edition

I apologetically love this issue. I love Chrissy and John, they maybe annoying but they are nice couple. They are a perfect choice for the impeachment season cover. I still don't get why many of you hate them so much.

Because history teaches us that people in genuinely happy families, doing good things for others, don't constantly need to make it public knowledge, they just get on with it.

Those who have an ongoing campaign of cultivating 'happy family' photo albums for the public are putting a lot of effort into prioritising appearances - including a carefully curated range of messy/drunk shots - which is the first sign of something being less then genuine, especially if you've got a celebrity lifestyle and range of products to sell.

Back in the old days, you had Cindy Crawford taking out a full page ad to tell the world her marriage to Richard Gere was wonderful. These days, celebrities can spam the world with their chosen message through social media. What doesn't change is how the real picture comes out in time.

I wish them well - I just don't buy what they're trying to sell me, and I especially don't like how they think I'm stupid enough to eat it up.

Thank you! I very much doubt these two are doing their crusading out of pure goodwill. That's not the impression I'm getting. For starters, this 'supermodel' has since discovered that every time she pokes the Orange Man, every outlet from Vogue to PageSix reports on her and so, of course, she's using that to remain in the spotlight. This cover is just yet another means to an end - she's got a new lifestyle site to plug and he...well, see my post above. The cheesy family shots and her 'oh so real' persona is just smoke and mirrors.

Karen Valby wrote a beautiful piece and gets them so right.
A true love story in a world teeming with negativity.
This family is a bright spot in a world that seems to be going mostly dark.

They’re both dumb as bricks.

Especially can’t stand her. If the name Chrissy wasn’t enough of an offense, she has to show up on my TV with a face full of makeup for an ad about the Kardashians...she’s the epitome of that particular and pervasive brand of female behavior these days of being so overwhelmingly groomed and then acting like a doofus...you know...she kinda quirky doe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->