Vanity Fair France February 2021 : Kristen Stewart by Curtis Buchanan

Ezra please stop. You are not a photographer and whoever is fine with the idea of being shot with greasy hair does not deserve my respect.

Omg, how many Serge Gainsbourg specials can this magazine do?!? That's not even counting his daughters appearing on the cover of this magazine. Are there no other French icons? Give us Simone Signoret or someone less overrated.

Lol, as for the cover, I also blame Camille. She can be very anti-fashion sometimes, but then isn't that what French style is about? Most of the covers that dropped in the past week feature women who look like they've just emerged from months-long isolation. Maybe that's fitting!

^What I hate the most with France and so french people is the immobilism. Culturally speaking. It is really annoying. Decades have passed but they are still so attached to Gainsbourg, Birkin, Marceau, Johnny Halliday. This is why there is no real emerging artists whereas talents are there but no room because again they want to read about the same people we already know everything about.

This is why I've never felt French entirely. I don't care about Gainsbourg, Catherine Deneuve or Benjamin Biolay. I want Yseult !

Guys, zoom-in the cover, it wasn’t shot by Ezra, it was by Curtis Buchanan...lol

Curtis post on IG

It's would be more interesting if they style her after Princess Diana.

And can we please update the Parisian women image to 2021 please. So tired with effortlessly chic, never wash her hair (because she cool) and minimal makeup. I thought only non French people is still obsessed with this cliché but apparently not.

I guessed only M du le monde is the only magazine to read if you want to see what a modern Parisian woman looks like.

My mistake! But looking at the image, can you blame me for assuming it was shot by Ezra? LOL. VF should tag their crew in the captions.
@vogue28 will you please correct? :flower:

Maybe it’s not cool to tag on french media? Only Numéro tag and mention but Vogue or Elle only mention the crew but none of them (Marie Claire and Madame Figaro too) tag.... @Lola701 can you confirm? Is it vulgar or disrespect to tag according to french?

Maybe it’s not cool to tag on french media? Only Numéro tag and mention but Vogue or Elle only mention the crew but none of them (Marie Claire and Madame Figaro too) tag.... @Lola701 can you confirm? Is it vulgar or disrespect to tag according to french?

Yes, that's true, especially about Madame Figaro....

I love how we always run to Lola and GivenchyAddict to speak on behalf of the French! LOL.

Vanity Fair France February 2021

Tromper Les Aparrances

Photographer: Curtis Buchanan
Stylist: Camille Bidault-Waddington
Hair: Adir Abergel
Makeup: Jillian Dempsey
Cast: Kristen Stewart

Vanity Fair France Digital Edition

Baby Alone in Babylone

Photographer: Bennie Gay
Stylist: Camille Bidault-Waddington
Hair: Pawel Solis
Makeup: Karin Westerlund
Cast: Feli Rasztar

Serge Gainsbourg special

^What I hate the most with France and so french people is the immobilism. Culturally speaking. It is really annoying. Decades have passed but they are still so attached to Gainsbourg, Birkin, Marceau, Johnny Halliday. This is why there is no real emerging artists whereas talents are there but no room because again they want to read about the same people we already know everything about.

This is why I've never felt French entirely. I don't care about Gainsbourg, Catherine Deneuve or Benjamin Biolay. I want Yseult !
I Want Yseult, Karidja Touré, Lous, Leila Behktni but I also want Deneuve and Huppert...
I think that there’s a place for everybody but yet, there’s some sort of discomfort for media to feature some people...

I love Yseult and I think she is great because she brings a lot of conversations in the table. But a lot of people in France (it’s not a Parisian thing) are still quite perplexed about the body positivity aspect of her persona.

I don’t think it’s disrespectful or vulgar but I think it’s not common here. Just that.
That idea of claiming your credits is also very American. Nobody thinks about tagging a nail artist tbh.

But maybe my dear @GivenchyAddict is more equiped to answer this...

^ Honestly I don't know about the tag thing. I never paid attention before.

Is that a big thing? I mean the people featured can post the cover themselves and credit themselves. Plus, they are credited anyway in the magazine.

I am not an expert of social media and even less with French magazines.

Kristen, honey, if you have scoliosis and problems with relaxing your shoulders, then you should see a doctor, or go to a chiropractor, Vanity Fair won't help with that!

God! She is becoming a Parisienne...How boring!
For my is always hilarious seeing only one interpretation Paris women. That city is so huge and there living people with a lot interesting and different cultures.

Her hair so 2018 when someone created this ridiculous fad about don't washing your hair for one month because rich Parisiennes doing that.

the fashion story is really nice, something like old pop feeling... i wish they would have done something else with kstew but alas

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rantanplan1980
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->