Vanity Fair France July 2013 (Premiere Issue) : Scarlett Johansson by Mark Seliger

Awkward pose and I wish she was enlarged more. The space above is too much. And the tagline "An American in Paris" is so overused

So, what? They couldn't find a French celebrity to be on the cover?

A bit heavy on the airbrush, but its a nice cover image of her, she is a random choice to me though. But that tagline on the cover of "Marguerite Duras and Me", is why i will get this issue, great!

facebook/vanity-fair-france

she looks kinda lifeless in both shots, not a good start :unsure:

She looks constipated in both of these shots. Gurrrrl you need some fiber in your diet.

Scarlett's never been a good model imo.

She looks very uncomfortable on the cover. It's a shame this is what they came up with for the premiere issue.

Awkward pose and I wish she was enlarged more. The space above is too much.
I think it's because usually magazine debut issues have to show more of a logo, like people won't know which magazine is it.

Also, I quite like Scarlett but this cover is so boring. Not that I have high expectations on Vanity Fair though...

Woah, talk about too much photoshop...

I wish they had chosen someone more interesting for their first cover... Oh well...

I'm disappointed. It feels very Vanity Fair but I don't understand why Scarlett is on the cover and why the offensive/excessive photoshop. Ok she's dating a french guy and has a place in Paris so what ? I don't understand why they didn't put a french celebrity on the cover like Catherine Deneuve for example.
Some of the contents sound interesting though.

Cover+Story: Une Américaine À Paris
Photographer: Mark Seliger
Celeb: Scarlett Johansson
Styling: Deborah Afshani
Hair: Danilo
Make-Up: Frankie Boyd
Nails: Tom Bachik

Digital Edition Vanity Fair France

Vanity Case
Photographer: Ward Ivan Rafik
Model: Astrid Berges-Frisbey
Styling: Virginie Mouzat

Balthus Obsession
Photographer: Max Vadukul
Models: Anna Klossowski, Agathe Bonitzer, Solène Herbert, Ana Girardot & Lucas Ionesco
Styling: Virginie Mouzat
Hair: Vi
Make-Up: Carole Colombani
Nails: Brenda Abrial

So they go for her instead of modern iconic French celebs. To be honest, I think Marion would be a much better subject and definitely she can model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alksdnfskfgikwjfne
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->