• The Red Carpet Highlights of... The 77th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2024!

• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Vanity Fair France July 2013 (Premiere Issue) : Scarlett Johansson by Mark Seliger

Awkward pose and I wish she was enlarged more. The space above is too much. And the tagline "An American in Paris" is so overused

So, what? They couldn't find a French celebrity to be on the cover?

A bit heavy on the airbrush, but its a nice cover image of her, she is a random choice to me though. But that tagline on the cover of "Marguerite Duras and Me", is why i will get this issue, great!

facebook/vanity-fair-france

she looks kinda lifeless in both shots, not a good start :unsure:

She looks constipated in both of these shots. Gurrrrl you need some fiber in your diet.

Scarlett's never been a good model imo.

She looks very uncomfortable on the cover. It's a shame this is what they came up with for the premiere issue.

Awkward pose and I wish she was enlarged more. The space above is too much.
I think it's because usually magazine debut issues have to show more of a logo, like people won't know which magazine is it.

Also, I quite like Scarlett but this cover is so boring. Not that I have high expectations on Vanity Fair though...

Woah, talk about too much photoshop...

I wish they had chosen someone more interesting for their first cover... Oh well...

I'm disappointed. It feels very Vanity Fair but I don't understand why Scarlett is on the cover and why the offensive/excessive photoshop. Ok she's dating a french guy and has a place in Paris so what ? I don't understand why they didn't put a french celebrity on the cover like Catherine Deneuve for example.
Some of the contents sound interesting though.

Cover+Story: Une Américaine À Paris
Photographer: Mark Seliger
Celeb: Scarlett Johansson
Styling: Deborah Afshani
Hair: Danilo
Make-Up: Frankie Boyd
Nails: Tom Bachik

Digital Edition Vanity Fair France

Vanity Case
Photographer: Ward Ivan Rafik
Model: Astrid Berges-Frisbey
Styling: Virginie Mouzat

Balthus Obsession
Photographer: Max Vadukul
Models: Anna Klossowski, Agathe Bonitzer, Solène Herbert, Ana Girardot & Lucas Ionesco
Styling: Virginie Mouzat
Hair: Vi
Make-Up: Carole Colombani
Nails: Brenda Abrial

So they go for her instead of modern iconic French celebs. To be honest, I think Marion would be a much better subject and definitely she can model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aeroplvne
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->