Vanity Fair July 2010 : Elizabeth Taylor

Elizabeth Taylor?:huh: But she's not dead.:ninja:
:rofl::rofl::lol::lol:....Seriously I like the cover(elizabeth is amazing:heart:) ... but why these random choices (It increasingly looks more like tabloid magazines:(ninja:

Reading more, apparently there's a new book out about their relationship, so it's not entirely a random decision... not entirely commercial either, some might say, but given the rumours, would I have preferred another Angelina cover, or one featuring the Twilight crew?

EDIT: I've just seen the 'letter story' covered on TV, because it's front page news on some paper tomorrow. I suppose we underestimate the power of Old Hollywood at our peril.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bit bigger.

c89b9f8889f5.jpg

vanityfair.com

I love love love it! I love the water background with red text. perfection.

This should really shame modern Hollywood, they haven't produced anyone to match up to any of these vintage stars that Vanity Fair has been putting front and center. But what happened to Jolie's cover, I thought she was going to be the July VF cover girl--I suppose it will be Vogue instead.

Reading more, apparently there's a new book out about their relationship, so it's not entirely a random decision... not entirely commercial either, some might say, but given the rumours, would I have preferred another Angelina cover, or one featuring the Twilight crew?

EDIT: I've just seen the 'letter story' covered on TV, because it's front page news on some paper tomorrow. I suppose we underestimate the power of Old Hollywood at our peril.

So true. Funny how people here delude themselves that every single magazine's target market is either the twihards or the hipsters. It's Vanity Fair, folks, they've been doing this for years, why is anybody even surprised? Complain only if you've seen Camelot for the 15th time. Or go buy Interview if VF is too mature for you. Or maybe Nylon/Teen Vogue or whatever.

Its just sad though that they always choose the young happy pics, but of course who wants to see old wrinkly people on a cover.

Funny how similar this cover is to Vogue Paris...

i'm still twiddling my thumbs for a Dorothy Dandridge cover before VF goes under.:judge:

A Great Lady... A very Great Star... I've always been intrigued by Elizabeth, and her crazy, improbable life has been great entertainment.

This cover reminds me of Vogue Paris Juin/Juillet 2010. Myabe it's because of the pose and the scenery. But, this cover is lovely though. She looks fresh, happy and the image is cover worthy.

What I don't get is, why VF don't put someone who's absolutely RELATIVE these days.

Relative to whom though? VF has it's target audience, of which these frequent walks down memory lane are completely relative. If you meant current Hollywood pop culture?

I wouldn't pick up VF for that.

I'm a bit annoyed by the fact that people are saying that this cover reminds them of the VP June/July cover when it is exactly the other way around. This picture has been here a long time and I wouldn't be surprised if the VP cover was inspired by it.

It's a beautiful, quite famous shot of Liz. I've always been so familiar with her that seeing her face on a cover of magazine I can buy makes me happy. :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->