Vanity Fair July 2010 : Elizabeth Taylor

tarsha

Reaction score
f8eec2a4b6aa.jpg

5414da18aa45.jpg

Full Story

vanityfair.com

OK, Princess Grace, soccer dudes and now Elizabeth Taylor? VF needs a new editor!

Are they kidding? I'm going to be cancelling my subscription with them...this mag is rapidly becoming a tribute vehicle for the golden oldies. No thanks!:sick:

american royalty.

They are both British though. She is from London. He's from Wales. =)

Nice cover anyway. I'm looking forward to reading it. Their lovestory is always a good read.

Last edited by a moderator:
Her parents were actually both American's living in Britain however.. so I suppose actually she's sort of half..

I like the Old Hollywood reprints. :blush: I really like this cover very summery, fresh etc.

I'll buy it. I always love reading their long articles about glamorous people of times past. And even though Liz is still alive, she's still a glamorous woman of times past!

this mag is rapidly becoming a tribute vehicle for the golden oldies.

That said, there was more talent to be found in Richard Burton's toenail clippings than in what passes for celebrity today. I hope the interview does a decent job of relating Elizabeth's thoughts and memories, while she's still alive to tell it in her own way. Once she's gone, we'll have a thousand different voices competing from their own viewpoints to sell us 'the story of her life'.

Elizabeth Taylor reveals never-before-seen letters from her husband Richard Burton in the July issue of Vanity Fair magazine.

One letter is the last Burton ever sent her, one she received after she had attended his memorial service following his sudden death from a brain hemorrhage in 1984.

She said she keeps it by her bed, and read it to the magazine.

According to a press release publicizing the July issue, in the letter Burton said he had been his happiest when with her, and wondered "Was it possible? Could there be another chance? For him? For them?

It was not to be as Burton mailed the letter on August 2, 1984, and then died on August 5. The letter was "waiting for Taylor when she returned from London, after attending his memorial service. She unfolded the letter and read it with trembling hands."

she is amazing i like she are in the cover

Beautiful picture. I don't mind "old" celebrities on the cover, as long as there is something interesting to read about them. And considering what we have for celebrities these days I am sure anything they write on Taylor will pass as interesting.

Are they kidding? I'm going to be cancelling my subscription with them...this mag is rapidly becoming a tribute vehicle for the golden oldies. No thanks!:sick:

I almost hope the magazine goes under just because of all this. I'm just so sick of it, how long will they continue living in the past. Geez, move on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->