Vanity Fair July/August 2023 : Phoebe Waller-Bridge by Alasdair McLellan

Some 90s Leibovitz aesthetic right there, but her eyes are a threat here. Would have been better.

Given how much she's been doing, it's about time she got her turn.

The combined-month issues of VF usually have a decent amount of reading in them, so I'm looking forward to this.

I was expecting something Annie Leibovitz cover style 2008 (indiana jones) i love alasdair mclellan but not for the celebrities but Better him than all these talentless photographers

i like it...works well... im so tired of iphone photographers pretending to be genius

Love the editorial its very sophsticated, the aesthetic reminds me of Banana republic ads. The cover is good but would have been better.

Always wonderful to see Phoebe-Waller Bridge, will always and forever love that cover of hers for American Vogue by Ethan James Green - so elegant and regal. This is no different, despite the stark contrast in styling.

Also massively appreciative of the fact this isn't one of Annie Leibovitz's over-processed cover stories à la those Empire-esque Star Wars covers.

My subscription copy (UK version) has just arrived, 144 pgs. Comes with the regular Jewellery supplement, 104 pgs.

After having The Weeknd on their previous cover, and depending on the reviews / box office for Indiana Jones, are Vanity Fair's covers turning into a signpost for what's NOT going to be received so well?

Gracie Abrams opens the Vanities section, and these days, you just know that someone's going to have parents in the entertainment industry before you even read to see who they are. Plus, a look at the presidential potential of Democrat Gretchen Whitmer.

Phoebe's interview seems entertaining, followed by the Brad and Angie wine article, then "California knows it's a state in crisis", an interview with Kelce Lately with some GQ-style shots (I will have to read this to find out who he is), the hip-hop article has a lot of vintage shots in it, and "the scammers guide to cancellation" is Caroline Calloway. The last article seems to be about searching / fighting anti-semitism online. The Proust Questionnaire is Colson Whitehead.

Phoebe Invincible
Photo Alasdair McLellan
Stylist Alice Goddard
By Joy Press
Subject Phoebe Waller-Bridge
Hair Gareth Bromell
Makeup Lucia Pieroni

vanity fair

Vanities
Photo Nick Riley Bentham
By Britt Hennemuth
Stylist Olivia Weeden
Subject Gracie Abrams
Hair Bobby Elliot
Makeup Loftjet

vanity fair

War of the Rosé
By Mark Seal
Subjects Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie

vanity fair

It's Like That | Fifty Years of Hip-Hop In a World That Could Not Exist Without It
By Tressie McMillan Cottom
Subjects Salt-N-Pepper, Lil'Kim, Nas, Wu-Tang Clan, Queen Latifah, Tupac, Biggie, Kendrick Lamar, Missy Elliott...

vanity fair

Kelce Lately
Photo Nick Riley Bentham
Stylist Dan May
By Tom Kludt
Subject Travis Lately
Grooming Jenna Nelson

vanity fair

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members