Vanity Fair March 2010 : A New Hollywood by Annie Leibovitz

That studio shot is way way way better than the cover image.

q67jX.jpg

vanityfair.com

everyone is so white lol i hope their prediction is wrong and that the next hollywood generation will have more diversity than their cover.

bigger versions..

younghollywoodkristenst.jpg

justjared

Abbie + Mia steal it for me..:heart: rebecca hall looks lovely too.

^^ I agree. I will not be buying this. Vanity Fair always has the most expensive looking covers, but when it comes down to it I don't think their staff is that different from The Enquirer's. It wouldn't surprise me that they would only work with white girls.

Anyway, I don't understand why Carey Mulligan must make such dumb facial expressions when she's in front of the camera. I think she's very pretty, but she just looks like a joke in that group shot. And, that one red-haired girl looks like a clone of Lindsay Lohan circa 2004 in that group shot.

^:lol:....she's so pretty and seems such a nice girl...i don't think she knows how to help it! otherwise she probably would...^_^ She just needs practice, it seems. she always seems dreadfully bored and unhappy in photographs....but she is so spirited on film and in interviews... i think she just needs to animate her face a bit more..

The cover is really dull, never been so bored looking at one before, as much as this.
They all seem so lifeless, forced and bored outa' their minds.

i wonder how many pages this issue will have ..... probably more than usual...

everyone is so white lol i hope their prediction is wrong and that the next hollywood generation will have more diversity than their cover.

Imo, putting people of various races on the cover for the sake of having a "diverse" cover is quite silly. Whoever merits the cover should be on the cover. Regardless of race. If they're all Caucasian, that's great. If they're all black, that's great.

That being said, I think Zoe Saldana should have been on this cover front and center.

you honestly believe only causasian actresses represent the future of hollywood?

Stewart looks irked, Mulligan confused, only Abbie Cornish looks fine here. I say bring back the more seasoned actresses for the March Hollywood issue. Back in 2008, they featured the young actresses in their August issue.
See:
vanityfairaugust2008cov.jpg

most of these broads aren't even remotely talented. it's all for magazine sales.

I say bring back the more seasoned actresses for the March Hollywood issue.

It started in 1995 and from then to 2000 it was always the up and coming/it actresses and sometimes actors. It was only after 2001 that they changed it a few times one being of course the naked Tom Ford cover and last years with Obama on it.

Here's a slideshow of past covers - http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2007/02/hollywoodcovers_slideshow200702#slide=1

They do a "Young Hollywood" issue every few years and people (not just on this board) are getting confused cause Kristen and Amanda were on that cover. Maybe we should change the title to "The Hollywood Issue" instead of "A New Hollywood".

I like the cover! :smile: Though Amanda should have been in Kristen's spot. But nevertheless, they all look beautiful especially Amanda and Abbie. :smile:^_^

Sigh, I miss these kind of Hollywood issues:

April 2001:
cusl07_hollywood0702.jpg

April 2004:
cusl10_hollywood0702.jpg

March 2005:
cusl11_hollywood0702.jpg

vanityfair.com

How many times can someone be in a "new" hollywood issue in the exact same mag?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimble
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->