Vanity Fair March 2022 : The Hollywood Issue by Maurizio Cattelan & Pierpaolo Ferrari

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Cover #1 of 8 with Nicole Kidman:

Cover #2 of 8 with Idris Elba:

Nicole looks fab! Love to see her in a different kind of styling. And do I see MJ Rodriguez as one of the names on the cover? YESSSSS.

Cover #3 of 8 with Kristen Stewart:

The retouching is insane, but it suits the plastic glam Hollywood theme they’ve got going. In past years, because they have to plan and shoot months in advance, they’ve missed the mark slightly with cover stars who ended up not actually getting the hype or Oscar nominations. This year they got it right, with 5 of the leading nominees scoring covers. I hope I get Penelope’s.

Omg this is awful cringing so hard at the Andrew garfield and benedict covers

The retouching on Nicole abs is a joke right ? There is no way no one noticed that mess it looks so fake
Other than that nice to see her styled differently
Winners for me are Penelope and Idris covers

I will buy Nicole and Penelope and Benedict covers for sure, I like all the covers, for sure it is better than the Hollywood issue of 2021 (such a disaster), I also admit that I miss Annie Leibovitz so much, she would have done a fabulous job !!!

Absolutely love all of them! They are so over the top, but that suits the Hollywood theme perfectly.

What I hate about this is that it lacks the humor and the glamour. People like David LaChapelle have always done these kinds of shoots but it always feels elevated and subversive. This just looks goofy and cheap.

Vanity Fair as we knew it is long gone, so maybe this is the best we’re going to get at this point. It’s certainly colourful, the covers will stand out, and there’s a range of people being featured on the front, all getting their own moment.

I think it all looks very superficial and plastic, but that probably sums up the entertainment industry. Graydon’s covers were probably giving everything and everyone more gravitas than was deserved; these covers might be more fitting.

These are so tragic. Putting Kidman in that skimpy school girl look is so cringe. In fact, the direction of the whole thing seems so undignified for "serious" actors.

I hate that MM collection, was it really necessary for Nicole? is she getting only grandma offers?
I actually LOVE Kristen´s cover, she looks sexy AF imo, for the first time ever maybe?

Despite the overretouched treatment I LOVED IT! It’s fun. Kudos to MJ for booking this cover, really glad for her. Also, Nicole in that Miu Miu look? I mean, yes to all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cccccc
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->