Vanity Fair March 2014 : Hollywood Issue

Lovely, they got the two most expensive gowns from Wu's collection for the more 'modelish' actresses and put the gorgeous Lupita in a re-run Calvin Klein dress that Diane Kruger already wore a year ago, dare I say much, much better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still don't understand what George Clooney is doing on the front cover. Though I love that they decided to showcase these up and coming talents love all of them and they really deserve t be here. Besides putting Idris and Chiwetel on the front cover is a great move :heart:.

Clooney has a movie opening this week, I think... maybe that's one of the reasons he's on the cover?

Everyone's head looks really weird..... I have no clue who any of these people are but Julia and George lol. Shows how up I am on Hollywood and recent movies....

I always look forward to see their Hollywood Issues! This is beautiful! I don't like the font tho. And also, I love how refreshing Julia's smile is. Although, I'm not that much of a fan of her pose.

I absolutely love the cover. VF made a great choice, every single person on the cover deserves to be there.

Well let's not be cruel, Clooney starred alongside Bullock in Gravity (and was pretty good in it) and he has a new movie coming out soon.

Lea pose look awkward!! But kinda glad she is in there!

Julia on the other hand....ravishing! Not sure what the rest is complaining about!

Clooney has a movie opening this week, I think... maybe that's one of the reasons he's on the cover?

I guess you're right, that's definitely why, while other reasons include his role in Gravity and him being a producer of August: Osage County.
But unfortunately, it didn't work out because The Monument Men which screamed Oscar bait has received lots of negative reviews since its opening. Who knew, right?

ON THE COVER:

Chiwetel Ejiofor
wears a tuxedo by Ralph Lauren Black Label; vest, shirt, and bow tie by Budd Shirtmakers; studs and cuff links from Camilla Dietz Bergeron.

Julia Roberts wears a tuxedo by Giorgio Armani; shoes by Manalo Blahnik.

ldris Elba wears a tuxedo by Tom Ford; vest, shirt, and bow tie by Budd Shirtmakers; shoes by Allen Edmonds; studs and cuff links by Stephen Russell.

George Clooney wears a tuxedo by Giorgio Armani; vest, shirt, and bow tie by Budd Shirtmakers; studs and cuff links from Beladora.

Michael B. Jordan wears a tuxedo by Calvin Klein Collection; vest, shirt, and bow tie by Gieves & Hawkes; studs and cuff links from Beladora.

Jared Leto wears a tuxedo by Saint Laurent by Hedi Slimane; vest, shirt, bow tie, and pocket-square by Anderson & Sheppard; studs and cuff links from Beladora.

Lupita Nyong'o wears a gown by Calvin Klein Collection; earrings by Van Cleef & Arpels.

Naomie Harris wears a gown by Jason Wu; shoes by Christian Louboutin.

Brie Larson wears a gown by Jason Wu; bracelet by Tiffany & Co.

Chadwick Boseman wears a tuxedo by Ermenegildo Zegna; vest, shirt, and bow tie by Gieves & Hawkes; studs and cuff links by Stephen Russell.

Margot Robbie wears a gown by Donna Karan Atelier; ring by Tiffany & Co.

Léa Seydoux wears a dress by Prada.

Hair products by Alterna (Larson, Robbie, Seydoux), L'Oréal Paris (Leto), Serge Normant (Roberts), and Ted Gibson (Harris, Nyong'o). Makeup products by Chanel
(Harris, Larson, Nyong'o, Robbie, Seydoux) and Lancòme (Roberts). Nail enamel by Deborah Lippmonn. Grooming products by La Mer (Boseman, Elba, Jordan, Leto)
and Tom Ford for Men (Ejiofor). Hair by Renato Campora (Larson, Robbie, Seydoux), Ted Gibson (Harris, Nyong'o), Chase Kusero (Leto), Brett Mayo (Elba), and Serge
Normant (Roberts). Makeup by Genevieve Herr (Roberts) and Tyron Machhausen (Harris, Larson, Nyong'o, Robbie, Seydoux). Manicures by Deborah Lippmonn.
Grooming by Jordan Long (Ejiolor), Jamie Taylor (Leto), and Sydney Zibrak (Boseman, Elba, Jordan). Set design by Ron Zakhar. Additional set design by Mary Howard
Studio. Produced on location by Portfolio One. Styled by Jessica Diehl. Photogrophed exclusively for Vanity Fair by Annie Leibovitz in Los Angeles.

The 2014 VANITY FAIR HOLLYWOOD PORTFOLIO by Chuck Close:

Vanity Fair 03/2014 Digital Edition

OF STYLE AND STARDOM:

I love those Chuck Close portraits.

My issue arrived today and I can't wait to dive in. It's pretty big, too. Over 400 pages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velvetmuse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->