Vanity Fair May 2009 : Gisele Bündchen by Mario Testino

Gorgeous shot in #1 :wub:
I'm looking forward to seeing the cover. Is this the US or UK edition?

Ziyi Zhang?! the only representative of chinese girls?!
are u kidding me?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I'm glad to see Angelina winning. :clap: I think she's one of the most beautiful on that list.

Can't wait to see Gisele's cover.

Bar seems awfully out of place on that list!!

Can't wait to see the cover though, love Gisele!

don't we have that alreay? miss world? anyway, waiting to see the cover!

:heart:

NATALIA!!. :heart::woot:

Also happy for Catherine Deneuve, they could've included Charlotte Rampling too, she's just divine.

Kind of upset about Angelina and Scarlett, ugh, if you got a construction worker and a cab driver to draw the perfect woman, I think she'd resemble a mix of these two. they're so cartoon-ish.. :yuk:

My vote goes to Deneuve for sure, but isnt VF saying alot by putting Gisele on the cover?Like she is our winner, now you vote for your's, its all pointless anyway though. :lol:

The fact that Michelle Pfeiffer is not on this list is an automatic FAIL to me.

I personally loved the last Vanity Fair cover with Gisele by Testino so I'm looking forward to this one!

Beauty contest in Vanity Fair?

With SUCH a bad list of women?

Is this the new Maxim?

why oh why??:yuk: Catherine should have got the cover now that's timeless beauty not Gisele she's average at best

Last edited by a moderator:
this sounds like a good issue (I mean in terms of great editorial photos)

I don't really care who wins or who is on the list. these lists never come down to true beauty but are instead just a listing of the most talked about women in fashion and hollywood today.

it is nice to see kerry washington. she doesn't get as much press as I would like for her.

exactly. ^ they are only popularity contests. I wasn't even going to post the poll here bc when I first saw the cover/ed I had no idea there was a beauty comp to accompany it. Vanity Fair has always struck me as a classier magazine than FHM, aye yi yi......

you guys will probably not like Gisele on the cover, but IMO beats an actress on the cover anyday! I have been wanting and am more than ready for Models to reign supreme again! (at least on covers!) :D

I was wondering the same thing :huh: she is a VF favorite and beautiful IMO, can't belive she's not on the "list".

OKAY, along w/ E news/Daily 10 it is also previewed on The Insider and Et/extra.

Beauty is very subjective, so of course there will be no winner. These woman are too perfect - I always find someone with an odd quirk beautiful. But they are very pretty

P.S. Angelina is in top place with 70% of the votes

There was also a comment that I sorta-kinda agree with

"Of the billions of women on this planet, only 19, we believe, could start wars." These are the most airbrushed, posed, made-up, professionally dressed and styled women on the planet. As if the only incredibly beautiful women in the world are supermodels. You don't even include a token not already celebrity. You're just promoting/reusing your other issues, and in the process you're sending a belittling message to other women, many of whom are also incredibly beautiful. You should call it who is the most beautiful celebrity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->