Vanity Fair May 2020 : Princess Anne by Lord Snowdon

Beautiful cover, certainly one of their best in some time. And I'm sure all the fans of The Crown will be all over this. Doubt whether it's an exclusive though.

Based on the coverlines I'm actually looking forward to buying this. Jack Dorsey who is clearly off his rocker, and that Daily Mail takedown which I'm sure would impress Meghan.

I love this! Vanity Fair never has to worry about original content because they have a history of using stock images for their covers.

does anyone have the photo without text,because she looks stunning and it's very hard to find any HQ pictures from Snowdon,i have seen those on trunkarchive,and i wish to find them somewhere,he was an extraordinary photographer

She's a bit of an unexpected cover star for any issues sold in America - I thought something from the Dune feature would end up on the front.

It's a little bit too Tatler for me. They could've used an image from Dune.

It seems she's been on three UK Vogue covers (whatkatewore:(

September 1971 (Parkinson), May 1973 (Brian Aris) and November 1973 (Parkinson)

Princess-Anne-Three-3-Vogue-Magazine-Covers.jpg

The royals had to find a new figure for Americans to fall in love with, to distract from the Andrew scandal and the Harry/Megan exodus. After all the the scene stealing Anne did as a character on Season 3 of The Crown, I’m not surprised they went in this direction. A year ago I wouldn’t even consider reading the article. Now, having seen season 3 of The Crown, I can’t wait for my issue to arrive so I can dig into the article. That she looks so smashing in the photo they chose is a nice bonus. As others have pointed out, this is very on brand for Vanity Fair and kudos to Radhika for capitalizing on that, since creating new content in this pandemic is a challenge.

Gorgeous portrait of Princess Anne! Putting a British Princess on the cover was a choice tho. I hope the article is worth it, and not some royal puff piece.

Erin Doherty's well played character in The Crown got me into researching Princess Anne and growing somewhat fond of her. Nice cover, but the colours give off a memorial vibe.

She looks very pretty on the cover, but why does VF always use older pics.
Why not a current photo? It's like subliminal ageism?

Just read it and not a very interesting profile. Just a bunch of asinine quotes or maybe asinine isn’t the correct word but every answer seemed to be specifically designed to not offend or raise even an eyebrow. I expected more from Anne Laurence.

Vanity Fair May 2020

Palace Intrigue

Photographer: Emma Summerton
Set Design: Thomas Bird
Stylist: Leith Clark
Hair: Seb Bascle
Makeup: Erin Ayanian-Monroe
Grooming: Karen Alder
Manicure: Chisato Yamamoto
Cast: Elle Fannng, Nicholas Hoult

Vanity Fair Digital Edition

This month it feels like Vanity Fair is... trying to be Tatler but missing the mark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
westernsoc
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->