Vanity Fair May 2021 : Princess Diana, Prince William & Prince Harry by Roy Letkey

And for anyone who thinks that Lourdes Leon was cheated of a cover... her three-page feature in the main issue sees her looking like a Kardashian who wants to be a rapper.

Only Madonna loons of the Mariah-lambs/Gaga-monsters delusional state would be convinced her daughter is cover-worthy/model-worthy/star-worthy.... She is a very pretty woman of course (totally resembles a young Jennifer Beals if she wasn't so plastered with so much makeup), but as you mentioned— she belongs in the Kardashian clan, where apparently, her mum seems to be desperately seeking to emulate in 2021. And the more that’s heard from Lola the less attractive she comes across.

I'm just catching up on recent issues of VF, and this one contains some of the worst writing I've seen the magazine produce so far. It's on the level of disposable content produced for the internet by someone during their lunch hour, rather than from any real acquaintance with the subject.

When Radhika Jones was selected as the new editor, people spoke for her, about her cerebral nature, her intellectual capacity - with the inference that she wasn't like those other nasty, gossipy, tabloid-style editors. And when she's talking about books, I could happily keep reading for ages, and I can sense confidence in her words, a strength in that subject, honed over the years in her previous position of the books section of The New York Times.

But she continues to be out of her depth in Vanity Fair, and that seems to be the way the company wants it - she's operating as the type of superficial mouthpiece that Conde Nast now prefers.

Perhaps she's capable of more, but we'll never know, because there's only room for one superstar editor in the court of Conde Nast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->