Vanity Fair May 2018 : Prince Harry & Meghan Markle

Is this a paparazzi shot? Are we really doing this?

And Leibovitz followed Macron for a spread?

Whoa, this is awful, this is not even well done! Hello magazine has better paps covers than this! What a shame after that great Lena cover/spread!

Oh that’s low. A pap shot on the cover of VF, and not even a bloody good one at that! Tragic.

New Conde Nast low

Destroying this magazine very quickly

The point of these people is that they're supposed to be the easy-going, glamorous side of the modern Royal family - and instead we get this drab shot of them awkwardly standing around?

If this was a special, supplemental issue for Harry and Meghan's wedding (which is what this looks like with the Love & Royals text) then fine. But having it usurp an entire, regular issue? Next please.

New Conde Nast low

Destroying this magazine very quickly

Not that I was around during the 80’s but I have seen covers from that time featuring pap shots of Prince Andrew and Diana floating around the internet so is this really a new low for VF or just another of their routine obsessions? Is not like the royals go about setting up photo shoots.

Ugly cover, not helped with the half-baked art direction. It just looks so unfinished.

When I said that the new EIC didn't had the connections beyond the US literary scene to secure exclusives, someone took offense. Now people can see for themselves how important that actually is. The Queen didn't just sit for VF at will, it must've been months and months of negotiations and coaxing.

In all fairness it's not the first time the magazine used a Royal pap shot for their cover. Duchess Kate's September style issue was candid as well (with Jessica Chastain for subscribers.) But their first couple cover was a semi-exclusive, with VF getting first dibs.

This is really awful, not even a good photo of them. Am I the only one who doesn't care about this royal wedding as much as Will and Kate's? I mean, that was the future King. This is his cute younger brother and pretty fiancee, but he's like 6th in line to the throne.

First the Amal Vogue cover and now this? Why is Conde Nast suddenly modelling themselves after Tatler?

Oh Lord...someone please get Anna the hell out of her "creative director" role at Conde Nast, she doesn't know what the f*k she's doing!! The cover lines and font makes this look like something you'd see tucked into the wall on the Euro Star, awful!

Condé Nast is no more the place where you can find the best of the best

i don't know why but the whole cover gives me a very sombre vibe. maybe brcause there is so much black on it?

Just saw the full cover elsewhere because I never click on the Insta posts on here. My God, what's with her leg pose? Lol.

This looks like the type of thing I used to make in Media Studies LOL, so amateur! I agree that it could be Hello or any other tat. It's going to hurt to spend a fiver on this...

What did they do to her? This is not the stunning Meghan that we knew from Suits!

Meghan-Markle-Suits-Outfits.jpg

pop sugar

Not that I was around during the 80’s but I have seen covers from that time featuring pap shots of Prince Andrew and Diana floating around the internet so is this really a new low for VF or just another of their routine obsessions? Is not like the royals go about setting up photo shoots.

Yes. Every UK Royals picture VF has used for the cover, except for Lizzy, has been pap shots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->