Vanity Fair Special Edition Holiday 2015 : Chris Hemsworth by Bruce Weber

Am I seeing it correct? I thought this was People Magazine. That cover shot is commercial as hell. Tabloid worthy even.

Am I seeing it correct? I thought this was People Magazine. That cover shot is commercial as hell. Tabloid worthy even.

Hahaha, so true! Probably they're trying to muscle in on People's demographic. But what's with his expression? Truth be told I'm only surprised it took Graydon this long to give him a solo cover, guess he's fallen out with Channing Tatum. I'm really indifferent to Chris. To me he's the male equivalent of Naomi Watts - very likeable and inoffensive, but so, so dull. They could've given this cover to Eddie. Anyway, January is a thin, missable month, so if there's no must-have feature I can easily skip this one.

^ Hahah yes very People, in fact their Becks cover is better than this!

I do like Chris, his spread hopefully must be better.

How come all these 2016 magazines are appearing already, has someone decided that December issues are a write-off? I mean, I know Japan always has one foot in the future, but I didn't expect to see either US Elle or Vanity Fair so early in the month.

I came to complain that I subscribed for the sight of this, but it's not the worst thing I've ever seen. I signed up for TWO YEARS of issues, so I'm in it for the long haul.

I also subscribed to Tatler, but I'm almost ashamed to say that. It was £12 for 12 issues. I rationalised that there was bound to be something worthwhile about it.

^it´s almost the end of the month and this is just a small preview, it´s not like the digital issue is available.

It says 'Gift Guide' and 'help it's Christmas' is this really a January issue?

^^you´re right! it´s not the january issue but The Holiday Issue.

2a4rbrb.png

vanityfair.com

Last edited by a moderator:
The what? It sounds more like a supplement they should have packaged with the December issue.

That's strange, have they ever done that before?

^I don't think so, how strange! Conde Nast is folding big titles, and laying off people, but lets have another issue for Vanity Fair!!!

January 2014 was Christmas themed

free upload pictures
maryhowardstudio

Based on the headlines of the cover, it looks like a full-month issue. I think it is for January.

Why is he wearing clothes tho? :unsure:

I see Bruce Weber, I see Hemsworth who at this point is as known for his pectorals as his acting roles and I expect a certain level of shirtlessness or at least a nice suit.

Not a cover I'd consider for January, maybe May or June.

He looks like Scott Eastwood here. I see Jessica Alba mentioned on the cover, I would've been happier to see her instead of Chris.

I also subscribed to Tatler, but I'm almost ashamed to say that. It was £12 for 12 issues. I rationalised that there was bound to be something worthwhile about it.

:lol: Brave of you to even admit to this! The deal is a no-brainer though, think of it, that's basically one quid per issue.

January 2014 was Christmas themed

Based on the headlines of the cover, it looks like a full-month issue. I think it is for January.

Nope, it's not T-rex. If you look at the bottom of this cover it faintly says 'Holiday 2015/2016'. So my guess is VF must be so knee-deep in jewellery and luxury holiday advertising that they saw the need to turn this special edition out. The concept of a special 'holiday' issue for them still baffles me though, why not just fold this into the December issue to make it more bulkier?

Source: Eonline.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MmeColbert
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->