Veet Depilatory

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by ItsTheKids, Jun 5, 2004.

1. ItsTheKids

ItsTheKids New Member

has anyone tried the new "veet" hair removal thing the plastic razor-looking thing? i was wondering if it actually works. i want to try a hair removal, and this new one seems good, but it also seems a little TOO good, so i was just wondering if it works.

2. tott

tott slightly dizzy

Yeah, it works really well. It dissolves the hairs; the plastic "razor" just scrapes off the hairs. It's not any better than the old Veet, realy....

3. Luna

Luna offline.

Is it smelly like Nair?

I've tried every type of Nair only because my dad worked for the company that manufactured it... It doesnt matter if the Nair is tropical scented or berry.. IT FRICKIN SMELLS LIKE CRAP.

4. Harvz88

Harvz88 New Member

plus the commercials really weird....
    how often would your guy shave your legs for you?!?!?!

5. nuiko

nuiko New Member

:lol: i agree!!

6. nuiko

nuiko New Member

:lol: exactly!

:innocent:

7. Glamourina

Glamourina New Member

i have this stuff...it works really well!

8. Christopher31

Christopher31 New Member

:lol: exactly!

:innocent: [/b][/quote]
    That commerical is almost erotic in a way :lol: :innocent:

hah, don't worry that's not my cup of tea.

9. vintage_princess

vintage_princess Adorable illusion

I tried veet hair removal mousse or something about 2 years ago, i really hate the smell!! Its horrible. It left me with a sort of mild rash (maybe my skin's extra sensitive) and it wasnt very good IMO. ;)

10. Sephora_Socialite

Sephora_Socialite Fierce Flava

its happen to be before :ninja:

:lol:

11. Tushka_BeLLa

Tushka_BeLLa New Member

My experience with Veet was AWFUL. IT BURNT HOLES IN MY SKIN. I broke out in a really sensitive and painful rash ... and had to hide my legs for weeks. As I moved the plastic razor over my legs, half my skin came off.

12. lifeis

lifeis New Member

well i bought it for my sister who is justa mess using a razor but these smells horrible kind of like something is decoposing which i suposse ina way its what happening. Any way she gave it up because she was not partient engouh to wait 3 minutes for the foam to act. I personally prefer waxing, but i guess if u want to avoid the pain and can stand the smell this should be ok. hope i helped.

13. Kimbyanne

Kimbyanne New Member

I cant use it.

I dont no why but it basically burned my legs. From the moment it touched my skin it began to tingle, the the tingle became a sting, then it was burning!

I decided I really should try and take it off so I used that plastic scraper / razor and it seriously left these big red lines where the edges of the scraper / razor had been.

When I had it all off I was in agony. My legs where bright red and had lines down from the scraper / razor and they were stinging like mad. For the next fews days I couldnt bear to have anything against my legs as it hurt. In the end I had to go to the Drs and he had no idea why my skin reacted like that, and that it had bascially burned the top layer of skin.

The scary thing is I was using the Sensitive Skin one, so god knows what could have happened using the normal Veet.

I dont get that for some people I know with Sensitive Skin it is fine, I must just be unlucky!

14. Amy Louise

Amy Louise New Member

It burned me the minute I put it on and then it didn't even work very well.

Beside that, you've got a window of, I forget--I think it's 6 minutes--to let it sit and take it off. How often do you go into the shower or tub with a timer??! Who wants to be bothered to have to conform to shaving at the exact minute they tell you? I think this product stinks--literally! :yuk:
    Amy

15. fleur137

fleur137 New Member

wow mixed reviews. we are talking about the Veet Rasera thing with the bladeless plastic razor right? cos i just bought one and dunno if i should try it or not. what do you ppl think?

16. Plastic'sWife

Plastic'sWife New Member

wow- so far all negative reviews for the most part...
    I knew it was too easy to be true!

17. Amy Louise

Amy Louise New Member

Yes--the bladeless razor. I think you should return it. It burned my skin as soon as I put it on. [​IMG] Also, you have to wait 6 minutes and then hurry up and shave--which, in my opinion, is impractical and pretty idiotic. Are you going to bring a timer into the tub or shower? Do you want to be on a schedule for shaving? If you put it on while you're in the tub or shower and have to wait 6 minutes, the shower water will wash it off--or you'll have to keep your legs up in the air in the tub till you're allowed to shave. Pretty stupid, huh??? :woot:

In my opinion, even if you nick yourself with an old-fashioned razor it's better than this product.
    Amy

18. bethrocksguitar

bethrocksguitar New Member

I have sensitive skin and tried it. It did okay but my hair grows fast You can't leave it on for too long otherwise I started to get a rash.

19. Tushka_BeLLa

Tushka_BeLLa New Member

Veet Rasera should be BANNED. It left me with scars that will never go away on my legs that i am really concious about.

20. arlekindearrabal

i've tried it :ninja: it worked fine for my legs, i had no allergic reaction there, the only problem was that it left little stubs of hair (it was to be expected, i'm quite hairy) but then i applied it to some nether regions :innocent: and it did remove the hair, but like five minutes after i had a very strong stinging sensation, but then i went to sleep and in the morning it was like nothing happened... i'd say its good, but dont expect too much