Veronica Webb

With Russell for Mademoiselle or Allure about 1994. They look cute together, way better than he and Kimora. Photo Source:scanned by me

scan01154rf.jpg

from www.geocities.com/tefereth2/webb/webb.html

sepia said:
from www.geocities.com/tefereth2/webb/webb.html

Ah, Essence she had a great cover in that issue. It's from about 2001.

Oh and the show she hosts is called "Trend Watch". :P

sepia said:
Oh and the show she hosts is called "Trend Watch". :P

Thanks, so it's a regular show or was it like a special?

I don't know, I can't even remember what channel it was on. I think Fox. ABC, maybe? I'll look for it again because I know it was Saturday at least. :lol:

sepia said:
I don't know, I can't even remember what channel it was on. I think Fox. ABC, maybe? I'll look for it again because I know it was Saturday at least. :lol:

:lol: , I have to check on this.

Veronica in the mid/late 80's. Photo Source:scanned by me

scan01357rh.jpg

sepia said:
I missed the show!

:P I was so tired I think I overslept on Saturday, just like I did on the day of the only Tyra show episode I wanted to see! Here is another of Webb's covers-Elle France(1986). Photo Source:ebay

mswebb18hq.jpg

Veronica Webb on the Versace runway(1994). Photo Source:corbis

runway199438bi.jpg

i'm glad she has no fear of exhibiting the fact that she has a brain. it seems like if she had pursued school instead of modeling she would have been just as successful in another career. has anyone read her book? it doesn't get great reviews but i like that she's trying something different.

electricladyland said:
i'm glad she has no fear of exhibiting the fact that she has a brain. it seems like if she had pursued school instead of modeling she would have been just as successful in another career. has anyone read her book? it doesn't get great reviews but i like that she's trying something different.

Oh yeah she is very intelligent and would make it anyway. Her sister is like a brain surgent or something to that effect. She stuck with being a model b/c she made more money than her doctor sister. I read most of her book and liked it and it was a best-seller so most got it. I think people weren't and still aren't used to thinking models, at the time the book came out it was like 1997 or 98.

Veronica in Allure about 1994. Photo Source:scanned by me

copyofscan00487qb8mj.jpg

:cry: Did my race thread get deleted? I was going to post this interesting article written by Veronica for the Sept '96 issue of Essence (I believe that's the one with Naomi on the cover) called "Where Have all the Black Supermodels Gone?"

Excerpt:
The real crime of our being excluded is that it leaves Black people with far too few self-affirming images in television commercials and other mainstream media.
This is not the first drought for Black models, and though it pains me to say it, it probably won't be the last. Fashion, by its very nature, is fickle. What's in one year is often out the next. I'm outraged, though, that race would be subjected to fashion's whims. I could handle short hair versus long hair, skinny waiflike bodies versus more voluptuous ones, or sassy attitudes versus fresh playfulness, because there would always be a place for some of us. But when what's in is pasty pale and bland blonde, well, enough said.

Complete article here

from the same article:

Ford says she has consistently found it difficult to start and maintain models of color. "I continue to take Blacks, Asians and Latinas in hopes that things will change. But I know it's always going to be twice the work for half the reward."

Yes, Naomi is on the cover I have that issue. If your thread did get deleted I'm not surprised. Eileen Ford(if that's who you are talking about in the 2nd post) is suspect if you ask me. People didn't/don't call her agency 'the white house' for nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CostumeParty
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->