Veronique Branquinho A/w 2004

She seems to have returned to her roots in this collection without looking as if it were dated. You can see lots of traces from her Victorian days and a well-tailored 70's vibe.

I agree though,after looking less impressive over the last couple seasons,this has alot of strength.

There are all but three beautifully draped pieces in this collection, but why is she afraid of going all-out pretty? Why use tweed and other dark colors (and that ridiculous hat!) in an attempt to create a demure atmosphere? A lot of the gorgeously draped tops would look airy and stunning with a pair of wide-legged pants in white, finished off with a clean ponytail on the model. The second half of the collection, where the blue comes in, is fairly uninteresting and dated.

These are the tops that I like, in addition to the pinstriped tuxedu vest:

00180f.jpg
00190f.jpg

i love the hat...hee hee!!! i would absolutely wear that!!!

i :heart: a little drama!!! :innocent:

Originally posted by Scott@Mar 5th, 2004 - 11:52 am
She seems to have returned to her roots in this collection without looking as if it were dated. You can see lots of traces from her Victorian days and a well-tailored 70's vibe.

I agree though,after looking less impressive over the last couple seasons,this has alot of strength.
i second that emotion... :flower:

Originally posted by LibertyRose@Mar 5th, 2004 - 2:25 pm
There are all but three beautifully draped pieces in this collection, but why is she afraid of going all-out pretty? Why use tweed and other dark colors (and that ridiculous hat!) in an attempt to create a demure atmosphere?
Aaaahhh... cause that's VB's style. :wink:

And not to mention it is Autumn/Winter and in her neck of the woods(and she does wear everything she designs) its rarely a sunny dry day in sight :wink:

having a closer look i found this collection quite poor ...
i was expecting something more in her ss04 mood,
this was not even poetic and the bright blue 'line'
was a big dissapointment... :(

what i liked :

00410f.jpg

I'm not really feeling this collection :unsure:

a few pieces that I like:

00140f.jpg
00320f.jpg

00380f.jpg
00390f.jpg

I dunno,I still quite like this. It has that heaviness that I'm quite keen on,a darkly romantic spirit that always runs throughout her work and an elegance that could remind one of Charlotte Rampling or Edie Sedgewick. The last was a tad mediocre with all the dated lingerie pieces like camis and dresses...this is the Branquinho that I somehow have come to admire over the years.

OMG, MissPurple, i loved the exact same pieces! :o The rest of it is nice, but i also expected
something more.

Originally posted by Serena@Mar 6th, 2004 - 11:24 am
OMG, MissPurple, i loved the exact same pieces! :o The rest of it is nice, but i also expected
something more.
:woot: :flower:

:heart: excerpt from style.com...i couldn't agree more... :flower: a woman doesn't have to take her clothes off to be sexy...

"With covered-up primness a growing trend this season, Branquinho is firmly on the territory she began staking out with her first Victorian-influenced collection in 1997. Yet as high-necked and unrevealing as her clothes may be—from the turtleneck tweed blousons to the silk print long-sleeve shirt-dresses—there is nothing in the least bit dowdy about them. Instead, her look has the quiet sexual power of the girl who knows she needn’t flicker so much as an eyelash to turn heads.

The hallmarks of Branquinho’s clothes are part seventies Ali MacGraw, part Brontë heroine, and entirely Antwerp individualist: lanky lines, a slightly puff-sleeved shoulder line, wrap dresses, and accessories like long knitted scarves. For winter, she’s also added sparkle to the look, in brown or cobalt sequinned skirts and vests. Balanced beautifully between romanticism and realism, this was a collection that sent the audience out chattering with admiration. "
:innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->