Veronique Branquinho S/s 05

I like this thing...

00160f.jpg

i wouldnt call this boring, really, maybe plain and simple but not boring,
imHo those are actually great 'basics'
but nothing one normaly would expect from VB :P

her fw collection was so strong.. :heart:

I quite liek it , the 70's mood gives an intresting factor, with out being over bearing.
Simple as usual from VB, I'v never found her not simple.

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Oct 7 2004, 09:26 PM
I quite liek it , the 70's mood gives an intresting factor, with out being over bearing.
Simple as usual from VB, I'v never found her not simple.
[snapback]389472[/snapback]​

could you explain what's 70's to me please......im not very farmiliar with history of fashion :flower:

i like the looks but im just concerned that they are a bit too simple and risk being too easily copied for high street, lets hope the quality makes up for it

Originally posted by Acid@Oct 7 2004, 02:50 PM
could you explain what's 70's to me please......im not very farmiliar with history of fashion  :flower:

i like the looks but im just concerned that they are a bit too simple and risk being too easily copied for high street, lets hope the quality makes up for it
[snapback]389490[/snapback]​

don't you go to Saint Martins? and they don't teach fashion history? 70's is alot of drapey jersey, halter tops, wide legs, bell bottoms

you know Halston? thats 70's

VB is very high quality.

thanks Space :flower:

ps. im not so big on history......its not my thing

04/05 was like kubrick's "shining" to me.
this indeed is "emmanuel".
not trying to question the quality of the books, but sorry the movie is moody alright but couldn't stand comparison with kubrick's thang.
funny how vb often complains in interviews about people perceiving her clothes as "sexless" and uses this kind of reference. looks like a pr move to me. just an assumption tho, it may just be the way she feels bout the flick.
imho the previous collections channeled more sex appeal. the supressed, the sensual and all that jazz (or should i've said all that badalamenti and depeche mode?:smile:

I've enjoyed reading the replies in this thread. :flower:

Nothing unusual, not bad, but not striking. And it's disappointing if, as Softgrey said, her collections used to contain more fascinating work.

the use of teal is quite lovely - I like the simplicity in the designs :flower:

Thanks for the new pictures, runner.

I'm starting to get really fed up with Ms. Branquinho. She's been repeating herself far too often. I have absolutely no problem with a designer developing a signature look, but the way she's gone about strikes me as rather lazy; it looks like with each new season she makes a few minor adjustments to her patterns, changes the colors, and voilà. I used to wear her clothes a lot, but for the past few years I've felt no inclination to buy any of it....probably because it all looks like older stuff from her that I already have.

Very simple and pretty. I'd be very pleased if I met someone wearing this stuff on the street.

droogist said:
Thanks for the new pictures, runner.

I'm starting to get really fed up with Ms. Branquinho. She's been repeating herself far too often. I have absolutely no problem with a designer developing a signature look, but the way she's gone about strikes me as rather lazy; it looks like with each new season she makes a few minor adjustments to her patterns, changes the colors, and voilà. I used to wear her clothes a lot, but for the past few years I've felt no inclination to buy any of it....probably because it all looks like older stuff from her that I already have.

2nd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->