Versace F/W 1997.98 : Karen, Kristen & Stella by Richard Avedon

I'm reading the Richard Avedon autography and Kristen at the time didn't think she was sexy enough for Avedon and walked out the set crying.

And Richard is not hold back about Steven Meisel and said "he's just a Xerox machine".

I'm reading the Richard Avedon autography

And Richard is not hold back about Steven Meisel and said "he's just a Xerox machine".
Where can I find this lol?

So he was a pr^ck. Thank God I'm more a Meisel guy. Compare this with Kristen's story about Steven and how he treats his models:

(still don't get his feud with Kate).

Anyone with eyes can clearly see Avedon’s not totally wrong about Meisel when speaking in the context of how the latter’s followed in the footsteps of the former— even to the blatant point of copying his shots like a Xerox copy; just peek over at the Vintage Magazine section and you’ll see Avedon’s not exaggerating the least. Meisel’s great— but let’s give credit where credit’s due: Avedon was the OG fashion visionary.

Gorgeous campaign that remains the highest standard to this day. And that magical period between 97-2000, racing towards the new millennium must have sparked something collectively in every creative: designer, model, photographer, stylist, hair and MU, CD/AD… because everyone gave their untoppable best. Donatella took the brand to new creative heights that have never been achieved and have yet to be matched. She really was that good at one time.

Menswear
Models: Edward Fogg? & Jason Lewis
Photographer: Richard Avedon

Vanity Fair Archive (US Vanity Fair October 1997)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->