Victoria Beckham F/W 2018.19 New York

The only thing I like are some of the simpler pleated asymmetrical dresses but I assume they would be hard to wear because they seem rather body conscious and partially made of jersey.

Ahahaha
Anyway I believe that the people who buys VB are the ones who are somehow afraid of Celine. Celine is sometimes very extreme in the silhouettes, colors and all. This is Diet Celine.

You see...I'm not!:lol:
I like Loewe but it can't be an alternative to Celine. Nothing can replace Celine. It's like Balenciaga by Nicolas Ghesquiere...Once over, it's done.

But Loewe has a playfulness that i love (and that is similar to Celine) even if JWA is a little bit limited as a designer. He is much more into decoration when Phoebe was really about the cut.

Phoebe's clothes resolved a lot of problems. They were sophisticated but not precious. Someone could have worn Celine from HtoT without looking like a walking ad while still maintaining a sense of personal style...A bit like Balenciaga back in the days.

Those clothes were designed with an active woman in mind...Unlike Victoria's which are designed with the idea of Victoria as that active woman...

As an alternative to Celine, really...The most honest answer that i have is Acne Studios. it's playful, not precious, fairly priced and well designed.

Hmm, you got me thinking.
When I suggested JWA work as a alternative I was thinking about the edgy attitude and strong vision on the fabrics that he brings at Loewe. The silhouettes and etc are not extreme like Celine, but what he does is very bold. This, with the accessories (bags and etc) line, I would say that is very worm world to the Celine woman.

It's chic and wearable. It's very accessible and easy. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. She built her business from the ground up and she has her fan base. Remember when all she did was tube dresses?:lol: I agree though that she really needs to evolve more. This look won't be fashionable forever. That will be the true test for her. Evolve or get left behind. It's too early for that, but it won't be long now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->