Victoria Beckham S/S 2025 Paris

Its very difficult to know where to place the brand. There's no particular signature or aesthetic that defines it at least when they were in NY they had beautiful women's RTW. I wish she had maintained that tempo instead of some French avant garde rtw brand. These stiff fabrics look odd especially in the neutral colours, that look like dry skin. David was sitting in the front row smiling nervously as he watches another money guzzler that cant be saved by that full house of powerful fashion folks.

you know things have gotten out of hand when VB wouldn't even wear the stuff "she", "designs"

To say something positive, this is the best Gigi Hadid has looked all season

I'm a fan of minimalism though her collections are repetions of what she's done from the start. I think as the other members have previously stated she's trying to create a minimalistic yet artistic collection.

Maybe VB is taking the dust off of her Gucci by Tom pieces? Her old Cavalli dresses? You know she must have a crazy closet. The first dresses are so Cavalli, and those suits with the body (collant? Idk the name in english) are so Tom Ford to me.

She's in a weird phase where she's trying to make something singular but she should be careful to not go too artsy. I believe her clients don't want that .

Maybe VB is taking the dust off of her Gucci by Tom pieces? Her old Cavalli dresses? You know she must have a crazy closet. The first dresses are so Cavalli, and those suits with the body (collant? Idk the name in english) are so Tom Ford to me.

She's in a weird phase where she's trying to make something singular but she should be careful to not go too artsy. I believe her clients don't want that .
A good and generous comment - makes sense too! :flower:

She definitely had Amplituda on the mood board.
Not only Amplituda, but I swear to god every fashion student at a suburban community college and their nieces and grandmas are making these diy Di Pesta/Balmain wet look resin tops and dresses now. I'm shocked she (in reality probably some intern from csm/lcf/whatever) would research+design 7 looks like this and present them as an entire opening story to a collection at PFW.

She's come such a long way from those body con dresses with the swoop cowl neck that she used to do.

her most ambitious collection yet but what’s the point for her to achieve that though. It’s like a mis-match trendy techniques of the last two years all blended together with minimalistic in mind. Most successful looks are the ones that not too far off her usual language. Gigi’s green gown is very VB and looks great.

I don't hate it. The random blue in the last two looks is atrocious though.

Those otherwise terrific straight leg trousers in raw denim would have been fine if she had left the waistband snug fitted instead of giving them that loose, straight waist - You expect a bit more pragmatism from a brand like hers' and that goes with the same kind of criticism y'all have pointed out before.

Why make things unnecessarily difficult when you could instead just present a perfectly understandable collection? It feels like a missed chance when competitors like Phoebe Philo are clearly serving a niche audience with limited points of sale.

While I wasn't a fan of the Proenza Schouler show as a whole, it was definitely the more commercial proposition compared to VB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katiepeaches
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->