Vienna shopping

are there any shops for men that carry AnnD, Rick Owens, Raf Simons, Comme des garcons and such in Vienna other than Park?

theres Song, located in the 2nd district and two in the first district whose names escape me because they're not really labeled. at all.

Rick Owens you can find in Chegini.Chegini has few stores in center of Vienna.you can find very easy.Ann D. shoes and bags you can find in boutique Firis near to stephansplatz(center).comme des G. you can find in Emis. They have japaneese designers. Emis is in pararel streer from Firis. If you need the adresses let me know.

yes, exactly, Emis and Firis were the names of the other shops! I expect to find Comme des Garcons, Junya Watanabe, Yohji Yamamoto, Issey Miyake and more there. here's a link to the website of Emis and Firis.

here are the addresses just in case

Firis
Bauernmarkt 9
A-1010 Wien
Tel: +43-1-533 42 75

Emis
Wildpretmarkt 7 / Tuchlauben 18
A-1010 Wien
Tel.: +43/1/535 28 19

there's two entrances to Emis; the Wildpretmarkt 7 leads you into the main designer store/gallery, whereas the Tuchlauben 18 entrance serves as a small display for the Y3 collection sold there. the whole space is connected, though, so I guess it doesn't really matter what entrance you take!

Hey everyone!

There's been a lot of sample sales going on in Vienna lately. There was the Christmas Vintage sale last week where they had some great vintage stuff AND some amazing Elfenkind pieces. And then there was the Petar Petrov sample sale yesterday. Do you guys know of any that are coming up? I know there is something going on this weekend, next weekend and the weekend after that. A friend of mine is taking me tomorrow, when I know exactly where we're going I'll let you guys know. In the meanwhile, please feel free to share about any sales or private shopping events that you know of :smile:.

oh you should tell us earlier!!
If there is something I will also let you know (of yourse if I know=:smile:)

ELena2404, that thing I mentioned is in the old Reiffeisen building by Kohlmarkt, not exciting at all. And scara, yes, that's a great website!

balmained & ELena2404
thank you so much! i'll be in vienna at the end of jan. hope some ss09 items will pop up at the time : )

god save hedi...head to park. they sell just about everyone belgian and antwerp-trained + plenty of highly interesting local austrian talents like awareness and consciousness.....and a few other wonderful talents.

http://www.park.co.at/

also as somebody else mentioned,another lovely shop called song. they carry bernhard(unfortunately only for women,at the mo) and a.f. vandevorst.

http://www.song.at/

Last edited by a moderator:
A quick update, as it's been almost a year...

The Chegini on Kohlmarkt in the basement no longer exists. However, in its place they opened two new ones, both on Kohlmarkt. Both are kind of hidden inside courtyards but the street isn't that long so they shouldn't be very hard to find. One of them carries current stuff, the other is an archive with mostly things where you can see why nobody wanted them. But the prices are so low that it doesn't hurt to quickly stop by. Of course there's also the one on the corner of Plankengasse and Seilergasse, which tends to carry the stuff I like the most. They close at 6:15 and sometimes won't let you in at about 6.

Park is still around. They've opened an online store as well: www.park-onlinestore.com.

Emis is also still around.

2006feb01 (dumbest name for a store ever) stopped carrying menswear. Thus mens Burberry Prorsum can no longer be bought in Vienna as far as I know.

Mühlbauer (the hat store) has a clothing store just across the street that stocks Vivienne Westwood, Petar Petrov, and others.

Song and the ACNE gallery are now in the same building.

Liska has about 500 different locations in Vienna and they stock a few nice things but unless you have an oligarch's inheritance, don't bother.

There's a small but nice women's Jil Sander store tucked away in a side street across from Stephansdom.

None of the bigger Austrian designers actually have their own stores in Vienna. Peter Pilotto is exclusive to PARK. Petar Petrov has his store in Paris, and only sells at Mühlbauer in Vienna (though he did have a sample sale a while ago). Wendy & Jim are still at PARK I think? etc... I guess the demand just isn't there.

The other stores already mentioned in this thread are mostly still around as well. Vienna is very resistant to change. To be honest it really shouldn't take more than a day (or two if you want to take it slow) to check out all that Vienna has to offer in terms of fashion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll only be a few hours at the airport. Are there good stores as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->