Viktor & Rolf Bridal Pre-S/S 2014

Nymphaea

Reaction score
Say I Do In Viktor & Rolf
VIKTOR & ROLF have unveiled their first bridal collection. The six-piece Marriage capsule range forms part of the new pre-spring/summer 2014 collection.While the Dutch duo - Viktor Horsting and Ralf Snoeren - have created one-off and special occasion wedding dresses in the past, this is their first dedicated bridalwear collection - and as you can expect from a pair renowned for their experimental and often avant-garde collections, it's not aimed at the traditional bride-to-be. From a short shirt dress with flowing train, to a sleek stretch crepe

jumpsuit or a strapless mini dress with ruffled hem - the range comprises six very distinct and different styles.

"We've always loved designing bridal wear because a wedding dress is a garment with a lot of meaning and emotions attached to it," Horsting and Snoeren told us. "The wedding dress is the ultimate clothing icon."

While the silhouettes may be more suited to the experimental bride, the colour palette remains traditional-with every piece in either white or ivory. The pair hinted that we should expect more capsule collections dedicated to specific pieces - like the wedding dress - in coming seasons.

"We love playing with iconic garments, such as the white shirt, the little black dress and the trench coat," they told us. "We dedicate special capsules to these wardrobe favourites of ours. They provide the perfect frame for a lovely, surreal play on their existing codes, offering a new and fresh outlook."

vogue.co.uk

I wasn't expecting it to be so...simple? The jumpsuit looks great though.

Getting married in a jumpsuit is pretty chic.

Its very Diane Kruger-Wedding in Manhattan or Chloe Moretz-spontaneous teen wedding in LA.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it but I can't really see Viktor & Rolf in the design.
"Love your dress, who made it? Wang?"
"No, Viktor & Rolf."
"Oh." Confused.

I love seeing a bride wearing this gown.

I LOVE the jumpsuit. Not so fond on the second and third looks however, but I can definitely see the shirt dress appealing to some brides.

It's quite clean and simple. Maybe not Viktor & Rolf at their best, but I think it's quite wearable and nice :smile:

I totally love the idea of a wedding jumpsuit. Sure beats the hell out of the dreaded "I'm-getting-married-in-my-40's" wedding suit. While the clothes are not bad, I find it very safe considering it's carrying the V&R name (with the exception of aforementioned badass jumpsuit).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porcelainbackbone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->