Viktor & Rolf Monsieur S/s 2005

Originally posted by faust@Jul 8th, 2004 - 8:45 am
I don't like this collection, it's cheesy. But, the tailoring looks VERY sharp :flower:
Exactly my feeling. This is definitely the worst I've seen. Too literal. But of course,they always seem to redeem themselves with their cutting skills. This time,unfortunately,its not enough.

Just when they lured me back in too!! :innocent:

Originally posted by faust@Jul 8 2004, 04:45 PM
:lol: apparently this is the first time you saw a picture of V and R in real life? It's their own glasses, that's what they wear every day and not something they wear for the runway especially.

I don't like this collection, it's cheesy. But, the tailoring looks VERY sharp :flower:
[snapback]309016[/snapback]​

Yes, thats the first time I saw their collection. :P But I didnt hear ofthem before from anywhere... :P I think I didnt miss much from those baby-loser-glasses look... :lol:

Originally posted by mikeijames@Jul 8 2004, 06:04 AM
and if they can look good in the clothes, ANYBODY can...

absolutely :wink:
and i agree with softgrey, its a wonderfully clever marketing concept
lovely collection, very down to earth and fresh.

Also surprisingly 'alternatively masculine' :heart:
if only i could afford, i'd love to buy some for a friend

I love what V&R designs for women but their menswear are a bit plain and geeky. I wish they would apply their avant-garde, outlandish idea for men too. Something original and crazy...I liked the suits from this collection though :blink:

Originally posted by Lena@Jul 10 2004, 05:09 AM
absolutely :wink:
and i agree with softgrey, its a wonderfully clever marketing concept
lovely collection, very down to earth and fresh.

Also surprisingly 'alternatively masculine' :heart:
if only i could afford, i'd love to buy some for a friend
[snapback]310397[/snapback]​

Awww ... Lena! Always honored to be your friend, but you dont have to splurge on me! One day i may borrow one of your messenger bags, though! :wink: :lol: :P

And I agree with softgrey, too ... V&R's vision seems to be unaffected on the -sometimes difficult- transition/transalation from womenswear to menswear

It's really a great collection. And am I the only one that suddenly finds those two so cute?! Something about them all of a sudden.

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Jul 17 2004, 07:51 AM
It's really a great collection. And am I the only one that suddenly finds those two so cute?! Something about them all of a sudden.
[snapback]312284[/snapback]​

yes, you are the only one. :lol:

just found A/W 04 photos
the theme here is "ART OF LIFE,LIFE OF ART"

2.jpg

3.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

I like it caue it was totally unexpected from those guys. It was modern and well put together collection.
It had an ease to it. Hated the embroidered jacket though. Not trying to be Gucci,D&G ect. :flower:
Ok, may be it was something "own style" collection, but how would you react on this guy walking in the street?

Personaly I dont like... :yuk:
[snapback]308815[/snapback]​
[/quote]

runway looks are rarely ever meant to be taken literally... but this is just my opinion. :flower:

aforementioned outfit definitely could be worn in the 'real world' and pulled off by someone with enough character, though... alejandro for sure. :winkiss:

Originally posted by mikeijames@Jul 8 2004, 08:24 AM
a person walking down the street would pair the top half of that outfit wtih a pair of emporio armani pants and a pair of jm westons. or the bottom half of that outfit with a hanro tank, trim linen shirt from sui, and hermes sandals.

no one wears total looks anymore, that's not what runway's about.
[snapback]308961[/snapback]​

whoops! looks like you took the words right out of my mouth, mikeijames! :flower:

Originally posted by runner@Jul 23 2004, 10:35 PM
viktorrolfm_2.jpg

i love those looks!! :heart: :heart:

i really love v&r's menswear in general... it's all, for the most part, stuff i'd wear. :wub:

Originally posted by nuiko@Jul 23 2004, 11:19 PM
aforementioned outfit definitely could be worn in the 'real world' and pulled off by someone with enough character, though... alejandro for sure. :winkiss:
[snapback]315078[/snapback]​

HAHA, i agree!! :lol: :heart:

Bloomingdale's Soho also carries the menswear.

Maybe Camouflage as well?

I just picked up a pair of the pants there this weekend from the Fall collection from Bloomies Soho. I liked a lot of what I saw for Fall, although as some others said, the spring stuff kinda has to grow on me.

runner, those photos were already posted at the V&R fw04.05 thread :smartass:

actually i like their menswear more than their womenswear :ninja:

Do you have a link to that thread? It's so hard to find their mens shows on the web.
I tried searching but I was unable to find anything. Thanks.

Originally posted by Lena@Jul 26 2004, 03:15 AM
runner, those photos were already posted at the V&R fw04.05 thread :smartass:

actually i like their menswear more than their womenswear :ninja:
[snapback]315889[/snapback]​

I thought it was a good collection, although not really my style.

Here are close-ups of that blazer:

05012301.jpg

05012301d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Piping Jacket
$1,254
img10471373352.jpeg
img10471373353.jpeg
img10471373354.jpeg

img10471373355.jpeg
img10471373356.jpeg
img10471373357.jpeg