Viktor & Rolf Haute Couture F/W 14.15 Paris

In the past Viktor & Rolf had big ideas...REALLY BIG IDEAS! Their designs were theatrical, zany, wacky, and amazing!
Why are they now holding it back? This is Haute Couture! It's like their aesthetic got smashed inside an incubator

the first sculptural collection with the all black pieces, i was in love
the hand painted bows on latex and the ballerinas, i was sort of on board
but this? they lost me here. i just don't understand what i'm looking at. what.

I have yet to understand the point of this Couture... thing they're doing.

This is ridiculous, looks like a fashion student´s thesis on the bow :huh:

^B-but, but, it's not just the bow!! It's also the red and the towel and the animal print, so that totally makes it a diversified offering!!!!11!1

Seriously, how mundane can you get? I mean, that second dress is a straight-up towel! And a twel that will cost my year's worth of salary, no less! And the knots and bows are just gimmicky. I don't get it.

If this is what they returned to couture to do they should just stop.

the red carpet concept was interesting, they just badly executed it. again.

Bath towels? :wacko: I don't get this and I don't like it, but it will be comfy!

I agree with most others here. I don't understand the point of any of this (same as with their other HC collections). It's ridiculous, and WTF?

BUT I kind of like it. :ninja:

Blankets? I'm not a fan of this collection. It is only one HC collection where I don't like anything.

Did they put any effort forth at all? It's essentially unique ways to tie your towel around you....

^Apparantly there was enough effort: according to the style.com review some of the pieces took over 300 hours to create.

^the tailoring must be out of this world then cause at first sight you wouldn´t think that :Pink:

300 hours for terry red velvet towels and big bows? and let's,if you will,recall how precise and intrinsic their work used to be? even some of their earliest PAP collections have had better craftsmanship than this. i don't buy that for one millisecond at all.

so far their bated return to HC has been a bust for me. too much about showing than actual work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honorata
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->