Viktor & Rolf Haute Couture F/W 2022.23 Paris

I honestly didn't expect them to be so good so I'd say I'm pleasantly surprised by this offering. I'd go even further and say it's the best collection of this season so far. Every single piece makes sense and it's such a good take on tailoring in general.

The second half is truly delightful! Actual wearable couture. Chic, whimsical, ageless.

Always knew they could do volume, Im glad they’re showing a practical way to do. Those two blue pinstriped suits which started the second half are fantastic. Glad they’re highlighting their coats.

This put a big smile on my face, and I’ve had a *very* bad day.

The second part of the collection is really stunning and just works as a proposition. I hope to see those suits in every magazine to be honest.

Wait I completely missed the 2nd half of this show for some reason? Looks so good and a fun concept. They've been doing well lately

Indeed one of the higlights of this couture week, all the coats are simply sublime! Love it! Wouldn't have expected to be so wowed by Viktor & Rolf.

Did not connect the dots between the first and second half of the show initially, but I already loved it! Prefer it when V&R go this route, similar vein to their Fall 2003/Tilda Swinton collection.

Also makes me miss the collections of Aganovich and A.F. Vandervorst even more after looking at this for some reason...

Demna should learn from VR, great show!

Their seasonal gimmick did not work this time. With that being said, I will agree that the second half is better. Now if only the entire collection worked then it would truly be something worth writing home about.

Is there anywhere to watch the video? So far I can only find old collections on YouTube.

^Not even on their site yet.

POWER DRESSING: A FASHION SHOW IN THREE ACTS
1. Before

Radically tailored looks strut the grid off the catwalk, like peacocks. Masculine coats, jackets and shirts are narrow at the hips and cut away from the top. Hovering around the body, they frame and protect the shoulders and face, like delicate portrait busts. Graphic, compact fabrics underline their sculptural rigour. The surreal silhouette seems literally inflated, as if ready to explode. A harsh feeling of tension pervades the moment.

2. The Power of Transformation

Without the construction that creates an illusion of power, a new perspective arises.

3. After

Radical tailoring at second glance. A release of tension generates comfort. Hard becomes soft. Shape becomes drape. Radical is wearable.

viktor-rolf.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->