Vintage adidas trainers

helena

Swim Upstream
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I'd get some vintage adidas trainers in size 4 (uk) - I can't find them anywhere....:cry: I am looking for Spezials or these or other seventies adidas trainers......

Attachments

• 8thstreetshoes_1853_230239531.gif
    8thstreetshoes_1853_230239531.gif
    10 KB · Views: 103
  • 8thstreetshoes_1853_244947581.gif
    8thstreetshoes_1853_244947581.gif
    8.9 KB · Views: 102
  • 8thstreetshoes_1853_228891861.gif
    8thstreetshoes_1853_228891861.gif
    10.2 KB · Views: 102
Last edited by a moderator:
helena said:
Does anyone know where I'd get some vintage adidas trainers in size 4 (uk) - I can't find them anywhere....:cry: I am looking for Spezials or these or other seventies adidas trainers......

ms. grey will be more than happy to look for you in the huge brand spanking new adidas flagship that just opened a block away from her :woot: ... and if she can't find them there, she'll be happy to schlep another block over to the adidas classics store, even though it's drop-dead humid outside :D .

thanks faust! such resources that are available to you in a proper city. LOL. btw, do you like them? I am feeling like I want a slightly sportier look for autumn. don't think they have websites though.....

helena said:
thanks faust! such resources that are available to you in a proper city. LOL. btw, do you like them? I am feeling like I want a slightly sportier look for autumn. don't think they have websites though.....

you bet, i like them. they bring childhood memories when my father, by the virtue of working in the sports events organisation field was able to get a hand on a pair of ones like these, which in communist russia was like buying a mercedes. :P they'll also be good for chasing after faust while he navigates you in the grumpy streets of new york :P

LOL - yes my Mum & dad had matching pairs in the early 80's (sado's). I wish my Mum had kept hers! I bought a cool seveties track top from yoox which i think will be excellent with a pair of these and maybe a dress or wide leg trousers.

how fast do you walk?

helena said:
LOL - yes my Mum & dad had matching pairs in the early 80's (sado's). I wish my Mum had kept hers! I bought a cool seveties track top from yoox which i think will be excellent with a pair of these and maybe a dress or wide leg trousers.

how fast do you walk?

not nearly as fast since i started reading up on buddhism, so i was kidding :P .
i've been itching for some vintage hummel myself, actually. how is that brand perceived in the UK? here nobody knows it, which works for me.

faust you are too obscure for me too - educate me! Hummel?

helena said:
faust you are too obscure for me too - educate me! Hummel?

It's a Danish sportswear brand. I like it - it's different. They have cool vintage stuff. It might be just a tad more expensive than adidas, but not by much.

http://www.hummel.dk/

we'll all need new trainers to keep up with each other on the mean streets of NY:lol:

helena--I really like them!!!

am thinking I need a sporty pair of shoes and a track jkt for the black CDG pants I was asking about in the what to wear with it thread....more than just converse

Faust--you walk as fast as I do and people think I walk too fast:wink:..........agreed Hummel is v cool, even though I haven't seen much of it

faust - looks good - can you get it in NYC (is that a silly question?)? Johnny will know more about Hummel than me (I am an ignoramus when it comes to cool sportswear). I'll tell him to 'revert' to you on the issue!

thanks vintage - I looked there and no joy. The styles are mostly eighties style trainers and the sizes aren't so good. I have stupidly small feet!

helena said:
faust - looks good - can you get it in NYC (is that a silly question?)? Johnny will know more about Hummel than me (I am an ignoramus when it comes to cool sportswear). I'll tell him to 'revert' to you on the issue!

actually, apart a few overpriced "vintage" pieces in high end dept. stores i haven't seen any hummel here. i think the brand is very small compared to nike, puma, adidas, etc., and is mostly concentrated on football (real football that is), and that's why it's unknown here. i do see ebay listings from the UK popping up from time to time, so I figured it's more popular in the UK.

P.S. I would love to hear from Johnny :flower:

johnny has been v. busy with work but maybe will be quieter after today. I asked him about Hummel last night and he'll get back to you.....

helena said:
johnny has been v. busy with work but maybe will be quieter after today. I asked him about Hummel last night and he'll get back to you.....

sounds good

hi,

check out www.harputs.com
it's a great sneaker shop in San Francisco. located in Fillmore. their website is kinda crappy but when it comes to adidas, this place IS IT! :flower:

Hi Helena,

Zappos.com has some of the Spezials, I have not checked on the others.

I have those blue/orange Spezials, I got them at Nordstrom, but I don't think they have them anymore, at least here they don't.

Good luck in your search! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adrianadrima
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->