Vintage Leopard Coats

LolitaLuxe

Vision of Paradise
Reaction score
i have a faux leopard fur coat from the 50's or sixties that i wore
as a teen but it retired in my closet for a few years since
i have been living in LA...

there was a few faux lep coats on the fall runways [ LV , lanvin for example]
do you think people are going to be wearing these?
im a bit excited to see them agian--

my coat is a bit like these styles:

the designer looks

lanvin

100101474.jpg

100101472.jpg

LV

100102069.jpg

I think it is a classic already. It always has been in fashion and never was out, but really it depends on how you wear it. Try to avoid a bourgoise cliche look. BTW, Vintage will always be in. :wink:

short vintagy looking leopard coats are new arrivals at H&M (paris)

I'd go for the Lanvin jacket myself, leopard is a definite trend anyway,
still i would prefer it in the smallest dose

I generally don't go for animal prints, but everyone did them this season and I'm really starting to change my mind. Lanvin's cat prints are, by far, the most incredible this season. But I liked Vuitton and Prada as well.

I'm sure your vintage coat is amazing! Break it out! :wink:

I've never been huge on those prints...a little too gaudy IMO...

However, some of the designer coats I've been seeing have caught my eye. They can't be long...right below the hip, not too much of the print, and they look pretty classy. ALMOST.

eternally a classic print - clothing and interior design. love the coats. my mom has had one that was her moms.... there is a reason it never goes out of style! i have two leopard print chairs in my living room. :smile:

Originally posted by ignitioned32@Sep 24th, 2003 - 3:47 am
Try to avoid a bourgoise cliche look.
oh please. yeah thats *sooooo me* thanks for the tip :rolleyes:

they are great and so chic :heart:

my best friend just got oen for 5 dollars

I have a Vintage Leopard Cape that I just love! People are always asking me where I got it - one chick tried to steal it! I paid like $5 for it at some random shop.

Originally posted by littlered@Sep 24th, 2003 - 1:23 pm
I have a Vintage Leopard Cape that I just love! People are always asking me where I got it - one chick tried to steal it! I paid like $5 for it at some random shop.
:o that sounds fab! my coat was about 60 dollars and i had to fight for it :wacko:

Originally posted by LolitaLuxe+Sep 24th, 2003 - 1:24 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LolitaLuxe @ Sep 24th, 2003 - 1:24 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-littlered@Sep 24th, 2003 - 1:23 pm
:o that sounds fab! my coat was about 60 dollars and i had to fight for it :wacko: [/b][/quote]
I knwo soem body who ahd a fur cote taht people always tried to steal :shock:

Originally posted by LolitaLuxe+Sep 24th, 2003 - 1:20 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LolitaLuxe @ Sep 24th, 2003 - 1:20 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-ignitioned32@Sep 24th, 2003 - 3:47 am
Try to avoid a bourgoise cliche look.
oh please. yeah thats *sooooo me* thanks for the tip :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
I dunno probably the tip wasn't just for you it was for other people who might wanna wear a leopard coat. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by littlered@Sep 24th, 2003 - 11:23 pm
I have a Vintage Leopard Cape that I just love
:woot: sounds fab littlered, much better if it is a short one

tiny tip: when/it you get bored of the current lenght, you can always customise this to an ultra short little cape, elbow length or less, those are real hot right now :wink: :idea:

Lena!

that is so funny that you mention that! I just got a short little faux leopard cape with a pink ribbon tie. it is more like a thin capelet. very cute!

i like it short so that it is not overwhelming and can be an accent on a basic outfit/dress... :woot:

my boyfriend's grandmother has the most luxurious, gorgeous SNOW leopard coat from the 1950s. i think she hasn't worn it for 20 years. just sits in one of her closets. wouldn't even let me touch it :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"