Vintage model ID thread (May 2008 - May 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
3rd:
4: Mary Mize
6: Frauke Quast
7: Susan Hess
8: Betty Lago
9: Violeta Sánchez
16-18 has been correctly ID'd by Justaguy
19: Lara Young (in dreads)
20: Madeleine Robinson

3rd set of pics...

14. Lucie De La Falaise
15. Kati Testet
19. Haylynn Cohen

4th set of pics...

20. Anna Klevhag

5th set of pics...

1. Waris Dirie
13. Sylvia Pintour
20. Ines sastre

Thanks so much, guys! There are just so many models I need to be identified... Unfortunately I'm not good at this...at all. :/

Set #1
1. Nathalie Gabrielli
7. Leticia Lucas
12. Kylie Bax
14. Maria von Hartz
17. Anette Stai
19. Lisa Berkley

Set #2
5. Violette Sanchez
10. Kristian Alfonso
14. Cheri La Rocque
16. Leticia Lucas?
17. & 20. same model. never been able to identify her :(
19. Cecilia Chancellor?

Set #4
1. Same as 17 & 20 in set 2
2. Susan Hess
12. Anette Stai

Set #5
6. Lisa Taylor
7. Same as 1 above
8. Susan Hess
9. Deirdre McGuire
14. Susan Hess

Set #6
20. Ines Sastre
21. Cordula Reyer?

justaguy, I'm blown away by your knowledge of "vintage" models! How do you know them all?!

Thanks!! Not really sure how I remember their names because I'm actually known by family and friends for my bad memory!! :blush::lol:

How did you learn who they are in the first place? Seventies Vogues, for example, never credited the models. Everyone knows Jerry Hall and Beverly Johnson, but what about the smaller names?

Thanks once again, Cesar! #21 in the 6th set is not Cordula. Here's another picture:

same source

5 Mary Mizer

14 Vera Cox

19 Kelli Winn

Kelli Winn again

15 Claire Atkinson

15 Dee Dee

18 Lisa Kauffmann

Attachments

• 3-tile mary mizer.jpg
    3-tile mary mizer.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 91
  • 6_tile vera cox.jpg
    6_tile vera cox.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 90
  • 9_tile Kelli Winn.jpg
    9_tile Kelli Winn.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 90
  • 10_tile kelli winn.jpg
    10_tile kelli winn.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 90
  • 8_tile  claire atkinson.jpg
    8_tile claire atkinson.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 90
  • 5_tile dee dee.jpg
    5_tile dee dee.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 90
  • 6_tile lisa kauffmann.jpg
    6_tile lisa kauffmann.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 90
#5 is Mary Matthews.

Source : Marlowe Press Archives.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 0
Thank you, Kelly! I thought it was Mary but wasn't sure, thanks for confirming!

How did you learn who they are in the first place? Seventies Vogues, for example, never credited the models. Everyone knows Jerry Hall and Beverly Johnson, but what about the smaller names?

sometimes magazine list models and other times they don't. you can tell who they are because they were listed in other magazines OR you just know certain models from certain eras. I personally know a lot of obscure late 90s and 2000s models but other members know different things. We all bring something to this subforum.

Back in the 70s, there were a lot less models than they are today. Most of the models were North American, West European, or Scandinavian. Today, you have so many more girls from different countries competing for the same work. Today, models do all different types of modeling such as catalog, commercial, lifestyle, advertisements, campaigns, lookbooks, runway, beauty, and editorial. Years ago, commercial models only did lifestyle, catalog, and cheesy commercials. Models who did shows back then, only did campaigns and editorial work because that's where the money was. If you ever did commercial work, it was deemed career ending. Today, models are expected to do all of it. Models who did land editorial work back then lasted a long time because the photographers liked using the same girls over and over. Very rarely did you see a model who was featured in Vogue and then disappear like today. You also have to consider the amount of publications there were back then. Print was alive and thriving. Today, the money is commercials and e-commerce work, not print.

Members know the models from the 70s because they were actually featured on the cover of magazines as opposed to today which features celebrities. A lot of these models from the 70s went on the marry/date celebrities or become actresses. Another reason why these models are remembered, there are a lot enthusiast who were alive back then who actually remember these women which helps also.

Maybe we should create a thread of models active in each decade. We could add a head shot of a model with her vital statistics. I know a lot vintage models have threads in the femme section but they get lost in there. If we created a list, it would help people learn who these models are as well as be an excellent reference for us. What do you guys think?

Maybe we should create a thread of models active in each decade. We could add a head shot of a model with her vital statistics. I know a lot vintage models have threads in the femme section but they get lost in there. If we created a list, it would help people learn who these models are as well as be an excellent reference for us. What do you guys think?
Oh, I love this idea! I'm too young to be able to contribute, I only know the models from the 60's and 70's that my mom idolized and the ones that went on to marry rockstars. If the members who do remember all the models from back then want to work on a little database like that, that would be incredible and much appreciated ^_^

Thanks for asking this question, t-rex, I'd always wondered the same thing myself! :lol:

All my girlfriends were pretty much obsessed with Vogue so they always talked about them like they knew them. :lol: Also worked on a project with a former model a few years ago on models from the 70's/80's. Learned a lot of names that way.

^ I read seventeen or 'teen in the 1970s & these magazines consistently had articles about 'How to do hair & makeup' or 'Spend a day with model ..." Etc & they always stated the models name. Magazines were like a diary for their favourite models. I always felt I knew Michelle Stevens - LOL! Covers always stated names of models. Also TIME magazine regularly featured articles about the latest American Models. Lastly the gossip pages always featured the beautiful people dancing at Studio 54 or strutting through airports. There were many ways to id models.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any clue to ids?
Thanks
Source: US ELLE 1994;Marie Claire France 1994 & 1996

My scans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member