Vionnet label to be relaunched

thomas28

Reaction score
Vionnet label to be relaunched starting with publicity blitz next March
The controlling De Lummen family is set to relaunch the Madeleine Vionnet fashion label next year. The process will begin with a publicity build-up from March, on the 30th anniversary of the designer’s death, MFF reported. Vionnet pioneered the use of bias cutting in the 1920s and 30s and has been a huge influence on the eveningwear sector ever since. In October 2005, the first prêt-à-porter collection – for spring/summer 2006 – under the Vionnet label will be unveiled.

From WGSN
Will be the next Balenciaga?

Originally posted by thomas28@Nov 26 2004, 01:43 AM
From WGSN
Will be the next Balenciaga?
[snapback]440215[/snapback]​

I am excited but I feel like I must proceed with caution. Vionnet is such a strong name to bring back. Who ever does must be extremely talented and recognize the huge burden.

Originally posted by softgrey@Nov 26 2004, 03:17 AM
so who is the designer?... :huh: :unsure:
[snapback]440270[/snapback]​

good question :huh:

Originally posted by softgrey@Nov 26 2004, 03:17 AM
so who is the designer?... :huh: :unsure:
[snapback]440270[/snapback]​

I remember reading a few months back in an article that rthey are gonna relaunch Vionnet... and the designer is this Japanese guy...

Or is that M. Gres????

Originally posted by h_bazaar@Nov 26 2004, 08:48 PM
I remember reading a few months back in an article that rthey are gonna relaunch Vionnet... and the designer is this Japanese guy...

Or is that M. Gres????
[snapback]440920[/snapback]​
that was gres

I wanna know who is the designer too :flower:

Madeleine Vionnet
vionnetmodel.jpg

vionnet.jpg

very famous dress

vionnetfrock1.jpg

I just find some source from designerhistory.com,but can't confirm the source.

The House Re-opens

In February 2003 the fashion world was surprised by the news that the house of Vionnet will reopen. Italian designer Maurizio Pecoraro, who has his own salon in Milan, will show his first haute couture for Vionnet in Paris in 2004.

Late in 2002, the Kuwaiti retailer Majed Al-Saben chose Pecoraro because he uses Vionnet's precise and unique technique of cutting clothes on the bias, and designing directly on the model.

Pecoraro (born 1960) shown on the right, said that he was extremely honoured to be asked to design for the house that has been a fountain of inspiration for the designers he admires most like Alaia, Galliano and Yamamoto.

The house has set up a new website www.vionnet.com from which it is offering Vionnet handbags, scarves, timepieces, men's ties, and perfumes. These use Vionnet's logo and the motifs she used on her gowns so many years ago. The site mentions that Couture will also start up soon.

pecorarohead.jpg

Maurizio Pecoraro

I'm personally looking forward for the re-launch of the Vionnet line. I always though that Vionnet made some of the most beautiful dresses in couture, so I think it only makes sense to bring it back. Just hope that the new designer stays true to the Vionnet's look.

So when does Schiaparelli re-launch? THAT I'd love to see!

i'm not sure about bringing it back. if it isnt good they should just leave it as it is.

Originally posted by JohnnyBoo@Nov 28 2004, 01:26 AM
I'm personally looking forward for the re-launch of the Vionnet line. I always though that Vionnet made some of the most beautiful dresses in couture, so I think it only makes sense to bring it back. Just hope that the new designer stays true to the Vionnet's look.

So when does Schiaparelli re-launch? THAT I'd love to see!
[snapback]441902[/snapback]​
As I remember Schiaparelli was bought by japanese.

Originally posted by thomas28@Nov 28 2004, 12:51 AM
I just find some source from designerhistory.com,but can't confirm the source.
The House Re-opens

In February 2003 the fashion world was surprised by the news that the house of Vionnet will reopen. Italian designer Maurizio Pecoraro, who has his own salon in Milan, will show his first haute couture for Vionnet in Paris in 2004.

Late in 2002, the Kuwaiti retailer Majed Al-Saben chose Pecoraro because he uses Vionnet's precise and unique technique of cutting clothes on the bias, and designing directly on the model.

Pecoraro (born 1960) shown on the right, said that he was extremely honoured to be asked to design for the house that has been a fountain of inspiration for the designers he admires most like Alaia, Galliano and Yamamoto.

The house has set up a new website www.vionnet.com from which it is offering Vionnet handbags, scarves, timepieces, men's ties, and perfumes. These use Vionnet's logo and the motifs she used on her gowns so many years ago. The site mentions that Couture will also start up soon.

pecorarohead.jpg

Maurizio Pecoraro
[snapback]441865[/snapback]​

nice to know there's going to be another (i hope more fresh) addition to paris couture. and will vionnet bags be the new "it" bag...?

(from pecoraro's fall '04 collection)

00001.L.JPG

I really don't think pecoraro has the vision for Vionnet.

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Nov 29 2004, 03:29 PM
I really don't think pecoraro has the vision for Vionnet.
[snapback]443319[/snapback]​

i'm not really familiar with the house of vionnet but pecoraro seems to refer to a lot to chanel.

00155.L.JPG

so they start the media blitz in the spring to prep for the show in the fall which will show clothes for the following spring...sounds like a serious attempt here...
major thought and planning behind this...

but are we sure it's pecoraro...?...
who really owns the brand...?...the de lumen family or the kuwaiti retailer?...

hmm....

I have heard that Pecoraro has eventually been discarded and that Zac Posen had been interviewed for the job... He is a devotee of Vionnet and studied Vionnet's dresses at the Costume Institute...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cg1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->