Vionnet label to be relaunched

so far i am the only one who voted for karl? but it would only be good if he gave up chanel.

in which case i think he would work because of his experience with dresses. he'd give them more polish than say, zac posen.

and if i remember correctly john galliano made decent tributes to vionnet's bias cut dresses.

it seems like i'm always echoing scott, but honestly i thought of ona selfa the moment i read the topic title.
tho now i think that pieters would be a less expected person there than jose e. coz the latter is so much about the movement and the dance and the flowing lines
why doesn't loewe by j.e. get much press anyway?

I honestly do not know why,Coco. Of course,Loewe rarely got loads and loads of attention even when Rodriguez was there. More than the present Ona Selfa,for sure, but was never a fixture in mags or anything. And the first season Ona Selfa started,it got alot of press....but perhaps mostly out of curiostity of being new and unknown to the fashion world at the time.

As far sales,I can't say that I know,Softie. But the designs are impeccable.

Originally posted by Meg@Dec 6 2004, 12:53 AM
I've thought about this more I think. Anyway, I really disagree with Tom Ford for Vionnet. He completely desecrated YSL for the most part and he does not follow the original designers artistic aesthetic at all but instead but a sex stamp on everything. From what I've seen of kokosalaki's work (both earlier and later stuff) I just do not believe that she has the eye for intricacy that alaia has. Yes, kokosalaki has done some great stuff (like the spiderweb vest which seemed to be fairly intricate) but nothing on a massive scale. I think alaia has a great sense of a woman's body and would do this collection well. If kokosalaki came on, it would be just like her line, only 'older'
[snapback]452865[/snapback]​

Well,I do agree with that for the most part except that Sophia isn't massively intricate. She is. But most often,its extremely subtle. Kind of like Branquinho.

Anyway,I absolutely adore Sophia,I just think that for she to be there continuing just the most obvious(when Vionnet was so much more)would be rather insulting to her legacy.

Originally posted by Scott@Dec 6 2004, 12:05 PM

Anyway,I absolutely adore Sophia,I just think that for she to be there continuing just the most obvious(when Vionnet was so much more)would be rather insulting to her legacy.
[snapback]453499[/snapback]​

I thinkt that's true, I thinks he would do a beautiful job reinventing the classic look, but not pushing it any further, wich I think is always what should be done.

Originally posted by Meg@Dec 6 2004, 12:53 AM
From what I've seen of kokosalaki's work (both earlier and later stuff) I just do not believe that she has the eye for intricacy that alaia has. Yes, kokosalaki has done some great stuff (like the spiderweb vest which seemed to be fairly intricate) but nothing on a massive scale. I think alaia has a great sense of a woman's body and would do this collection well. If kokosalaki came on, it would be just like her line, only 'older'
[snapback]452865[/snapback]​

what about the olympics?...did you see that stuff?...it was incredible... :shock: :heart:

meg- I am surprised that you don;t think she handles intracacy well enough - is sophia's work not very intricate? In some ways I think it would be a shame to see alaia revamping an old house. he is an institution in his own right. whilst i'd rather see sophia developing her own label, I think she'd be better at Vionnet than Givenchy - the next appointment at Givenchy will surely determine the label's future and its credibility in the fashion world (i.e sink or swim).. thats a whole lot of expectation & pressure that I'm not sure is best placed on such a young designer. Julian Macdonald has a lot to answer for.

Pecorraro is already on the post from what i know, Sophia or even Veronique Branquinho or Ioannis Guia could also fit the Vionnet post quite well... Humbert Pascal and Fred Sathal also come in mind..

Fred Sathal, you think, her work is a bit decrotive for vionnet IMO

if u could see her work in person space, she can be very poetic ;-)

but i certainly think the post has been already given to Pecoraro,
does anyone has more details?

I do think she is poetic, and i love her work, but I don't know it just seems rather diffrent from Vionnet.

we precieve her work in a different way space.. i happen to know her, she is dying her fabrics based on moon circles... shes poetic to me..only my opinion, as usual , no universal truth

Originally posted by Lena@Dec 8 2004, 02:39 PM
we precieve her work in a different way space.. i happen to know her, she is dying her fabrics based on moon circles... shes poetic to me..only my opinion, as usual , no universal truth
[snapback]456803[/snapback]​

the fabric sounds beautiful, may be you misss udnerstood what i said but I do think she is very poetic.

maybe I need to see it in person because I haven't had the chance to and softie I actually didn't see her olympics stuff. I'm just saying from what I've seen of her work that it might involve a lot of work but maybe I need to see it in person to see intricacy. But from I've seen it's just labor intensive and not intricate.

Originally posted by Lena@Dec 8 2004, 03:29 PM
if u could see her work in person space, she can be very poetic ;-)

but i certainly think the post has been already given to Pecoraro,
does anyone has more details?
[snapback]456633[/snapback]​

lena...more details given here...it seems that there are second thoughts about pecorraro

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/index...showtopic=16601

You know, no matter who they choose I'm excited to see what'll come out of the house of Vionnet. I'm just hoping that it's not gonna be all ladylike vintage couture like EVERYBODY has been doing for the last two season. I want something fresh.....please.

i see, thanks for the link softie, maybe we should merge the two topics then what do you people think?

btw i agree with meg... regarding Sophia's work "from I've seen it's just labor intensive and not intricate" i find 'labor intensive' very true comment on S.K.'s work, and it can tire me at times.

i also agree with whover posted that Sophia could be better for Vionnet than for Givenchy.. still thinking of Martin Grant at Givenchy, its such an obvious best choice for that house

merging sounds ok...which should come first?...it's tricky because of the poll... :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebbbbty
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->