Vitrine 2007 - Surfaces

untitledheroe

Reaction score
Since 1998 the Flanders Fashion Institute organises VITRINE, a ten-days fashion event for the public.
Fashion on display, fashion in a shop window: that’s the simple yet unique concept of VITRINE in a nutshell. Already on to its eight edition, the whole event will take over the city of Antwerp from September 6th until September 16th 2007.
For ten days solid, Belgian and international fashion designers, fashion students at the Flemish Fashion Departments present their work in shop windows all over the city. Taking the general idea of a shop window to the creative limit, all sorts of shop windows get radically redressed, stocked with surprising goods or transformed into imaginative playgrounds.
VITRINE 2007 - SURFACES

This year’s theme for VITRINE will be SURFACES, in which the participants are challenged to make their own surface in the city centre, think about other and new surfaces, projections, the backstage, the catwalk, or more intimate with a pattern or embroidery...
No holds barred: all participants, both established and young, are completely free to present their work as they see fit, be it with garments, pictures, videos, custom-made decoration, objects or three-dimensional installations. The goal of VITRINE is to put fashion and its many aspects into a different context, thus encouraging a rewarding interaction between fashion and the city surroundings. Using all-familiar shop windows, the event of VITRINE invites any (unsuspecting) passer-by to discover fashion in a gentle, democratic and anti-elitist way.

More info http://www.telenet.be/vitrine

Attachments

• Vitrine2007Logo.jpg
    Vitrine2007Logo.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 1
sounds interesting..
anyone have any photos of some shop displays??

awesome.. thanks for the heads up untitlehero. I always wanted to go there. pity :/
a friend from waterloo (unspoiledbird :heart:) got to see this in 2004, I believe...

gius.. you can find pictures.. and reviews maybe? in the older threads of past editios, here's a bunch from 2004 in the meantime :P.
shot by Tim Stoops..

concept Christophe Broich.
vitrine1.jpg

concept Julie Fogel.
vitrine2.jpg

concept Louise Assomo.
vitrine3.jpg

concept Bruno Pieters.
vitrine4.jpg

concept Stephan Schneider.
vitrine5.jpg

concept Dries Van Noten.
vitrine6.jpg

concept Comme des Garçons.
vitrine7.jpg

concept Dirk Van Saene.
vitrine8.jpg

concept Marjolijn Van Den Heuvel.
vitrine9.jpg

concept Raf Simons, Willy Vanderperre & Olivier Rizzo/ concept Harald Ligtvoet & Christel Huygens.
vitrine10.jpg
vitrine11.jpg

concept Alexandra Mein/concept Romy Smits.
vitrine12.jpg
vitrine13.jpg

[from contemporaryfashion]

Does this always occur during the month of September? I would love to attend this.

Hmm...I think this was exactly what I needed. Now I'll never mix up the use of "fenêtre" (window) and "vitrine" (window display) again. :innocent:

eiko,it does. its always been sort of like antwerp's fashion week because apart from the graduation collections in june it's been their biggest fashion event. incredibly inspiring. they have the fashion walk and the annual vitrine exhibition. these designers actually get to express their concepts and works this way and put them into a commercial format. it's wonderfully ironic,contrasted and utterly beautiful,to be honest. and it's great the community--non-fashion--in antwerpen really support and work with the fashion community in such a way. because it's not just fashion/high street shop windows but i think i remember one did something at a frites shop,restaurants,bars,home stores. you would never see this kind of marriage in other cities.

i wish i could have stayed longer to see this. i think the handmade theme was the one that happened the year i was there. which would have been quite fitting for me :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoa!

Dirk Van Saene's!

I love it!!!!

Please post pictures of more of this ... super nice concept!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->