VMAN Summer 2009 : Joseph Gordon-Levitt by David Sims

1.jpg

Ashley Olsen stripped down to strike a few moody poses for the upcoming Summer issue of V MAN, which hits newsstands this Thursday. She chatted with Marc Jacobs about her forthcoming men's collection for The Row, and the two designers also touched on her work ethic and the differences between her and Mary-Kate.

2.jpg
  • On doing a "celebrity line": "The way I look at it, I had a career as a child. I had a career in an industry in which the media kind of. . . they're obsessed with the young girl thing. But when I turned 18, I moved to New York, and I haven't really done anything to be a celebrity. I've been transitioning from acting as a kid to doing something that I'm choosing for myself — to be a part of the fashion industry. . . the outside perception is very different because you do have celebrity brands, people like Jessica Simpson and Kimora Lee Simmons, and those are celebrity brands because they have their names on them."
  • On working with Mary-Kate: "The Row is really something that I'm doing while my sister still wants to focus on acting. She's my partner in The Row, but she trusts me with the every day. I mean, I see her like ten times a day."
  • On being different from her twin sister: "When I was 14, 15, 16, 17, it was harder because the two of us were still very similar. We had to work through what's special about us, and then the media had to work through it. . . I've never been one to engage the media to say that I'm different. I actually did the opposite and I totally went internal. I was like, "See y'all!" I want to be behind the scenes, and I don't want people to know anything about my personal life. I have a job, I take it very seriously, and I work really hard."
3.jpg 4.jpg5.jpg 6.jpg

popsugar via ohnotheydidnt @ livejournal

from ashley's thread:

95037336.jpg

NYMAG via
<3Thefrenchy

I was excited/intrigued/curious when I read in the review that Sebastian Faena shot Ashley Olsen. But after seeing the previews I'm a bit dissappointed. I don't like the black wig and the photos are too dark and moody for my taste.

so glad to see JGL on the cover!!! that guy is so incredible!!!

personally i think Ashley's pictures are fantastic. very tasteful and seductive in a very intelligent way.
so much better than what Faena has come up with recently.

Legends Of The Fall
Photographer : Karl Lagerfeld
Fashion Editor : Jay Massacret
Models : Clément Chabernaud, Antonio Navas, Mattias Bergh, Mathias Laurisden, Baptiste Giabiconi, Brian Davenport, Travis Davenport & Vladimir Ivanov

I really want to see this ed! The casting is perfect :o

^ I really hate that Ed. It looks extremely tacky. Not original at all. But the boys look hot. I can't wait to see legends of the fall. I Love Travis :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
personally i think Ashley's pictures are fantastic. very tasteful and seductive in a very intelligent way.
i totally agree. i wasn't too curious to see that ed but it's very beautiful, and she looks really good with that wig.

Magazine: VMAN #14
Editorial: No Average Joe
Photographer: David Sims
Stylist: Nicola Formichetti
Model: Joseph Gordon-Levitt

COVER STORY: No Average Joe
With two high-profile new films, child star turned indie icon Joseph Gordone-Levitt is bursting out in a big way this summer.
source:http://nicolaformichetti.blogspot.com/

VMAN 14 Magazine
LEGENDS OF THE FALLTHE CLASSIC TAILORED SUITS, ICONIC SPORTSWEAR, AND MILITARY-INSPIRED PIECES IN THIS FALL'S MEN'S COLLECTIONS HARK BACK TO THE SUMPTUOUS COVERS LEGENDARYILLUSTRATOR J.C. LEYENDECKER DESIGNED FOR THE SATURDAY EVENING POST

Left: Mathais Bergh wears suit and shirt Gucci Tie Ermenegildo Zegna Shoes Jil Sander Hat vintage from What Comes Around Goes Around
Right: Mathias Lauridsen wears suit Bottega Veneta Shirt J.Press Shoes Emporio Armani Hat Burberrry Prorsum

Left: Brian wears sweater Adam Kimmel Socks Polo Ralph Lauren Baseball pants, boots, helmet vintage from What Comes Around Goes Around
Right: Travis wears jacket and hat Dsquared Pants Woolrich woolen mills Shoes Bottega Veneta Socks Polo Ralph Lauren

Left: Antonio wears suit Tom Ford Shirt Brioni Bow tie Dolce & Gabbana
Right: Baptiste wears suit and shirt Dolce & Gabbana Bow tie Thomas Pink Gloves LaCrasia

Left: Vladimir wears jacket Trussardi 1911 Pants Versace Gloves Pou Pou Lapin Hat vintage from What Comes Around Goes Around
Right: Clement wears jacket D&G Shirt Emporio Armani Pants Ermenegildo Zegna Tie Brooks Brothers Hat and bag vintage from What Comes Around Goes Around.

Magazine: VMAN #14 Summer 09
Editorial: Legends of the Fall
Photography: Karl Lagerfeld
Styling: Jay Massacret
Models: Mathais Bergh,Mathias Lauridsen,Brian Davenport,Travis Davenport,
Antonio Navas, Baptiste Giabiconi,Vladimir Ivanov,Clément Chabernaud.
source: http://www.vman.com/fashion/legends-of-the-fall/

VMAN 14 Magazine
ENDLESS SUMMERWINDSWEPT DUNES AND A BLAZING SUN CALL FOR LAYERED, HIGH-VOLUME LOOKS.
MODEL-TURNED-ACTOR BOYD HOLBROOK AND VMAN MODEL SEARCH STAR AJ ABUALRUB VENTUREOUT INTO EXOTIC DESERT LANDS.

Boyd wears Coar Yves Saint Laurent Fabric harness (word underneath) Romain Kremer AJ wears Shirt Marni Sweater Burberry Prorsum Pants Yves Saint Laurent Head wraps (word throughout) stylist's own.

AJ wears Jacket Y-3 Top Lanvin Pants Yves Saint Laurent Boyd wears Sweater Prada Shirt Z Zegna Pants Trussardi 1911.

Left: Boyd wearsJacket Lanvin Tunic Romain Kremer Pants D&G Scarf Giorgio Armani Sandals Raf Simons
Right: Boyd wears Jacket Marni Vest and pants Louis Vuitton Top Alexander McQueen.

Left: AJ wears Jacket Giorgio Armani Boyd wears Jacket and sweater Tse On skin, L’Oréal ParisMen’s Expert stop Lines spf 15 anti-lines moisturizer.
Right: AJ wears Jacket Dsquared Shirt Y-3.

Magazine: VMAN #14 Summer 09
Editorial: Endless Summer
Photography: Cédric Buchet
Styling: Jay Massacret
Models: Boyd Holdbrook & AJ Abualrub
source: http://www.vman.com/fashion/endless-summer/

thanks for the scans for scans everyone! they're obviously trying to appeal to his "Brick", dark, moody fanbase more than anything else, he certainly doesn't look attractive on the cover.

but! it's intriguing. and it's JGL, which means automatic awesome. it's like JPG. automatic. AWESOME.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->