VMAN Summer 2009 : Joseph Gordon-Levitt by David Sims

:woot:

3530728464_c272a428d3_o.jpg

photobucket

Henry Cavill - He knows What Works

"If Henry Cavill hadn't become an actor, he'd have joined the military. So he says anyway, and he's had plenty of chances to consider the matter. Best known for playing Charles Brandon, Duke of Suffolk, on the Showtime series The Tudors, the chiseled 26-year-old has had the kind of bad luck that will drive a man to ponder his options. First, he narrowly missed being cast as Superman. Then Batman. Then James Bond. And then he found himself shut out of Twilight, despite the endorsement of author Stephenie Meyer.

"I was almost to the point of giving up." Cavill recalls. But the military will have to do without him, the English actor's luck has turned. Besides shooting a fourth season of The Tudors, Cavill will star in the upcoming fantasy epic War of the Gods, and in June, he'll appear alongside Larry David and Evan Rachel Wood in Woody Allen's new comedy, Whatever Works.

"Nerve-racking,' Cavill says of working with Allen. "I was flattered that he even wanted to meet with me. But then, when I got cast, it was like 'Ok, now I'd better bring my A-game'". It isn't hard to see why Allen chose Cavill, who brings an unassuming sweetness to his role as the film's Prince Charming-type. And, suffice to say, playing handsome wasn't a stretch for an actor who moonlights as the international face of Dunhill. "I do get asked to read the good-looking bloke quite a lot." Cavill admits. "I'm not...unaware of that aspect of myself. But its just one aspect, and I don't feel I've been pigeonholed."

The Allen film behind him, Cavill is enjoying his return to Tudor England. "I actually really love doing the period work, getting into costumes and all that," he says. "Woody wants you to talk the way people really talk. It's very real. So it's kind of nice to go back to The Tudors and put on the doublet and have some fun." - Maya Singer

OH God, he looks so good with his curly hair and sweet face :blush:
I think he's a great actor, love the Tudors!

I bought the mag today, and it reminded me why I hate buying VMAN to begin with: it is so empty for its price.

This time around, even the editorials are extremely poor.

I didn't see these posted and thought they might do until scans show.

Preview of Guys On The Rise featuring Anton Yelchin, Dominic Cooper, Henry Cavill & Hugh Dancy.

justjared.com

VMAN 14 Magazine
FALL FORWARDTHESE 13 DESIGNERS ARE DEFINING THE FUTURE OF MENSWEAR

LEFT:
YVES SAINT LAURENT "The collection is a story of hybrids in proportion, function, and construction. It is centered around finding balance through contradiction." -Stefano Pilati
KYLE WEARS
JACKET AND PANTS YVES SAINT LAURENT
COLLAR AND CUFF ROBERT LEE MORRIS>
MESH TOP POU POU LAPIN
RIGHT:
CALVIN KLEIN "The Fall collection was conceived to be tough and masculine and very reflective of a New York style. This collection is compromised of modern, tailored pieces that are sophisticated and often interpreted in luxurious and unexpected materials." -Italo Zucchelli
ANDREY WEARS
JACKET AND PANTS CALVIN KLEIN COLLECTION
NECKLACE ROBERT LEE MORRIS
GLOVES LaCRASIA
DEVIN WEARS
JACKET AND BOOTS CALVIN KLEIN COLLECTION
LEGGINGS AMERICAN APPAREL
GLOVES LaCRASIA
ON HAIR, WELLA COLOR PERFECT

LEFT:
RALPH LAUREN BLACK LABEL "When you're wearing Black Label sportswear, it's like being in a race car." -Ralph Lauren
STAS WEARS
LEATHER PANTS AND BOOTS RALPH LAUREN BLACK LABEL
TOP AMERICAN APPAREL
ELBOW PADS NYC MOTORCYCLE FEDERATION
KYLE WEARS
LEATHER TRENCH, SHIRT, BOOTS RALPH LAUREN BLACK LABEL
GLOVES LaCRASIA
RIGHT:
DIOR HOMME "This collection is about purity, modernity, playful luxury, and the right look." -Kris Van Assche
KEITH WEARS
JACKET AND EARRINGS DIOR HOMME
ON HAIR, L'OREAL PARIS ELNETT EXTRA STRONG HOLD HAIRSPRAY

LEFT:
LOUIS VUITTON "I began by envisioning the traveling business wardrobe of an African king. I wanted to blend contemporary tailoring techniques and practicality with the more traditional aspects of ceremonial dress-the intricate patterns, the continual use of layering, the clash of materials or textures to create depth. I wanted something loose, something raw, but without compromising on elegance or the silhouette." -Paul Helbers
DANNY WEARS
JACKET AND PANTS LOUIS VUITTON
MESH TOP AMERICAN APPAREL
RIGHT:
MARC JACOBS "Our character is a man of his own mind; strong, present, and forceful, with a rich intellectual sense." -Marc Jacobs
WILLIAM WEARS
CLOTHING AND SHOES MARC JACOBS
DEVIN WEARS
CLOTHING, SHOES, BERET MARC JACOBS
GLOVES LaCRASIA

LEFT:
GARETH PUGH "I was trying to do something a little more savage, but in a very chic way. I wanted it to look severe, but also have a fragility to it. I started with a black cube, playing around with the idea of it exploding and then using the fragments to construct shapes." -Gareth Pugh
RICK OWENS "The word that explains this collection is turbobiblicarationalism." -Rick Owens
JACQUES WEARS
SPIKED TANK AND JEANS GARETH PUGH
MESH TOP POU POU LAPIN
DEVIN WEARS
JACKET AND PANTS RICK OWENS
EARRING ROBERT LEE MORRIS
RIGHT:
GIVENCHY "I wanted to find a way of mixing the elegance of a couture house like Givenchy with the clothes I love to wear, which are more street. This season was about the attitude and confidence of the Latin American man." -Riccardo Tisci
COMME DES GARCONS HOMME PLUS "The theme of this Fall's collection is Fashion Illusion." -Rei Kawakubo
JULIAN WEARS
TOP, SHORTS, AND BOOTS GIVENCHY BY RICCARDO TISCI
TOMEK WEARS
JACKET, PANTS, SHOES COMME DES GARCONS HOMME PLUS
GLOVES RAF SIMONS
SOCK AMERICAN APPAREL

LEFT:
PRADA "The Fall 2009 collection is about survival. And to survive, you have to be strong." -Miuccia Prada
FROM LEFT:
LUDVIG WEARS
TOP, PANTS, SHOES PRADA
MESH TOP POU POU LAPIN
JOSEPH WEARS
CLOTHING AND SHOES PRADA
KEITH WEARS
CLOTHING AND SHOES PRADA
RIGHT:
JIL SANDER "This collection is inspired by the art of dressing up and dressing with pride. The Jil Sander man as portrayed in the face of out time: smart, dignified, and strong." -Raf Simons
RAF SIMONS "This collection introduces Italian formal wear, to comply with customer requests regarding quality, finish, and cut. This new development is very significant as I started out my career with a desire to bring handmade tailoring to a young audience." -Raf Simons
ANDREY WEARS
JACKET JIL SANDER
PANTS AMERICAN APPAREL
MIKUS WEARS
JACKET RAF SIMONS
ON SKIN, WELEDA ALMOND FACIAL OIL

Magazine: VMAN #14 Summer 09
Editorial: Fall Forward
Photography: Terry Tsiolis
Styling: Jay Massacret
Models: Joseph Culp, Kyle Saunders, Julian Hennig, Stas Svetlichnyy, Jacques Naude, Andrey Ivanov, Devin Childers, Tomek Szczukiecki, Danny Schwarz, William Eustace, Mikus Lasmanis, Keith Browning & Ludvig Persik.

Source: http://www.vman.com/fashion/fall-forward/

Last edited by a moderator:
The Main Street Card Shop
Ph: Bruce Weber
models' name on the picture

th_17198_vmanmagazine2009summer_0060_bg370408_122_246lo.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug